Warning!!! Shawn1978

Provide feedback on club members - buyers and sellers (not stores). Also you can include feedback on trades and group-orders.

Moderator: BraenDead

Postby teri on Sun May 13, 2007 5:06 pm

Personally, I wouldn't even ask to write a check for a more personal transaction like this. I've bought & sold on eBay and madisonstuffexchange and always kept it "cash in hand". Under one eBay id, I've got over 600 positive w/no negative and only had to leave two neg's since '99. Got screwed for about $100 in two other transactions, but over 8 years I don't think that's too bad.

I think a feedback system along the line of eBay's is a good idea. I belong to another message board that has it's own auction system and feedback works really well, even to see if someone is having a bad month LOL eBay feedback as a reference wouldn't hurt either. Require a headshot for an avatar?

Sucks you had to work that hard for $40.

Teri
12g SW set up since late June '11 but just picked up a 50 tall with 20 sump
& looking forward to getting it switched over after moving 2-1.
teri

Postby Waterkeeper on Sun May 13, 2007 7:36 pm

Hello folks,

Thanks for letting folks know CUNAreefer. The pink paly and monti are doing great! Thank you so much for helping me get started.

Unfortunately its an inconvenient time to be named Shawn!

Looking forward to getting more great stuff,
The Good Shawn
Waterkeeper

Postby Cow086 on Mon May 14, 2007 12:17 am

just to clairify "Shawn" is his nick name his real name is Cornelious
Cow086

Postby Slrademacher on Mon May 14, 2007 10:55 am

It seems like 90% of this would be solved with the universal expectation that everything is in cash. I think there are enough ATM's around that this is not a burden on people.

Another thing we have going that Ebay doesn't is everything is in person so it's difficult to say someone sold you something you didn't expect or want. It's not impossible but much less likely.
Slrademacher

Postby reefbum on Thu May 24, 2007 12:27 pm

Not to beat a dead horse, but I believe that most people are good. If you want to buy something, pay cash (unless you have a relationship with a buyer/seller and you make other arrangements) but ultimately, it is the seller's responsibility to choose what is best for him/her. I have met a few people through MARS, bought and swapped some coral and have had nothing but good experiences. I even got a play date for my kids!

If people are concerned about 'bad buyers', it might help (and be easier than setting up a rating system) for interested parties to post a reply to sales offers as well as PM the seller. That way everyone can see the potential buyers out there and if you spot a bad guy, you can notify the seller. Sort of a neighborhood watch program...

Now I shall go post feedback on the members that I have bought from.
reefbum

Postby jojowell on Thu May 24, 2007 4:10 pm

Hi all, I was just a little concerned about changing the way things are now. The one problem that I see is that I have yet to see any sellers leaving feedback for buyers. I have bought stuff from slrademacher, MM, CUNAreefer and a guy who lives in DeForest who's handle I can't remember right now. I have always paid cash and almost always been on time (sorry again for standing you up slrademacher.) I just worry about people not selling stuff to me because I have no buyer feedback and have never been to a meeting. I always intend on going to one but weekends are usually just another work day for me. Don't want one immature guy to ruin it for all of us honest people. Just my $.02.
-Joe
jojowell

Postby Ereefic on Fri May 25, 2007 8:39 am

He signed up as 'Chris' recently. He was banned as well as his IP address. Thanks Sula for pointing that out! :D
Ereefic
Site Admin

Postby BraenDead on Fri May 25, 2007 2:18 pm

I have reason to beleive that he also signed up under the name 'mike2000' before he signed up as 'chris'. Some people just can't take a hint. I will be banning his IP address from the entire domain/website.

Bob
BraenDead
Site Admin

Postby Slakker on Fri May 25, 2007 5:04 pm

network security for the win! :)
Slakker

Postby Ereefic on Wed May 30, 2007 10:08 am

I am going to lock this thread for the sole reason that I doubt anyone will be having any new feedback for Shawn. If you do end up dealing with him in the future, please start a new thread about it.
Ereefic
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Buyer/Seller Feedback