Warning!!! Shawn1978

Provide feedback on club members - buyers and sellers (not stores). Also you can include feedback on trades and group-orders.

Moderator: BraenDead

Postby Darb on Tue May 08, 2007 3:38 pm

I don't think anything should change. Maybe develop some rules of etiquette for buying/selling/trading. Rule #1: Cash is polite, checks are not.

The group is small enough to manage itself as a community. Word gets around about trouble makers quickly enough. My bad-to-good experience is around 1 bad to 25+ good. Certainly not significant enough to change things. Maybe others have been less lucky.

Any attempt to screen out problem users will screen out many times more potentially good users. Things appear to be going well. Screening will inhibit growth. We want growth.

I feel that letting users rate one-another is an invitation for conflict and the ensuing flame-wars. Personal ratings are highly subjective, ample room for mis-understanding. This board has no conflict, that's why I read it every day.

I say, let it sail. It's not broken.
Darb

Postby MM on Tue May 08, 2007 4:54 pm

All good points, we want growth, and nothing is fool proof.

I am really just thinking of something that establishes someone as know if posible. If I am dealing with an anonomous newbie I may take additional precautions while someone else may want to wait until the person is established. Of course we can determine much of this already, and discussions like this raise our awareness, but if a someone has a clever idea that I have not thought of that can make us somwhat more secure I would be in favor.

- Mark
MM

Postby Cow086 on Tue May 08, 2007 6:00 pm

yes you can have fake trasnations and names to boost your rating but on the website that my brother goes to for hockey there is a limit per week or month on how many positve or negitive ratings you can give to one person and as a whole how many you can give out period. so i dont think that that would be all that worth while. plus things like that are easy to notice and stop.
Cow086

what to do???

Postby vogs82 on Tue May 08, 2007 7:52 pm

I can honestly say my time in this club has brought me nothing but joy. I have never met one bad person or someone that I would not feel comfortable inviting into my home with my wife and child present. I hope this will not become the case of "one man ruined it for everyone else" I consider these circumstances to be very rare around here. Everyone here shares a passion for something special and thats where I hope our focus stays...matt
Tigers love pepper, they hate cinnamon.
vogs82

Postby Longinus on Tue May 08, 2007 9:45 pm

I haven't been around long, but everyone that I have interacted with so far has been absolutely wonderful.

To me it seems that making it a policy to have cash upfront for all trades would be the best way of going about things, but thats just my view :)
Longinus

Postby klasikb on Wed May 09, 2007 5:47 am

I'm not sure why we need a "policy" for everything. Sellers can make their own terms when arranging a sale or trade and if the buyer doesn't like them, they can say "no thank you". Remember to KISS :) and post feedback after all is said and done.
Sheila
Just a girl trying to create a little bit of heaven on earth, without killing it :)
klasikb

Postby middleton5 on Wed May 09, 2007 6:11 am

Most of the Feedback posts are for the seller - which is good but... Maybe we need more feedbacks for buyers.

Jeri
middleton5

Postby Slrademacher on Wed May 09, 2007 8:46 am

so far my take-aways from this thread are:

1) Transact everything in cash

2) Upon completion of the above, kiss
Slrademacher

Postby stevenliu on Wed May 09, 2007 12:20 pm

I just feel sad that someone would want to abuse/take advantage of the small reef community we have here in Madison.
stevenliu

Postby Darb on Wed May 09, 2007 12:56 pm

To be fair, in my case he did come through with the money eventually.
Darb

Postby klasikb on Wed May 09, 2007 7:02 pm

Slrademacher wrote:so far my take-aways from this thread are:

lol :lol:
Just a girl trying to create a little bit of heaven on earth, without killing it :)
klasikb

Postby Falcon57 on Thu May 10, 2007 3:27 am

Slrademacher wrote:so far my take-aways from this thread are:

I never kiss on the first deal.

:^o [-X
Enjoying marine reef keeping without going broke.
http://www.infowars.com/
Falcon57

Just my two cents

Postby Madison Jeff on Thu May 10, 2007 6:07 pm

I have only had the best experiences buying from MARS members, so I am bummed that there are others who caused problems for sellers. I hope that some system can be put in place to better communicate those who are trouble so we all know about them.

I wondered what was behind the MM request for this, because I had a great experience buying from him (and the others here).

One thing that I found/find discouraging is that buyers are quick to offer feedback here regarding sellers...but I haven't seen it the other way.

I hope I am building a good rep here despite my 101 questions as I try to learn.

Anyway, I am sad that those of you had to deal with this person and any others who have been troublesome. And thank you all for all your help!!! I know I am far better off thanks to all the great advice and great deals I have gotten from MARS members.

Thanks again! Jeff
Madison Jeff
Madison Jeff

Postby MM on Sat May 12, 2007 12:48 pm

Just wanted to note that I also I have not had nothing but good experiences with MARS. Everyone I have dealt with has been wonderful and I enjoy sharing information and experiences with those that I deal with. I just have an overactive paternal instinct to protect those around me. I basically think that what can happen eventually will and some level of preparedness should be in place.

As to Shawn it appears that he eventually paid everyone but is likely lacking a bit of maturity. Now that I know more I would be willing to deal with him but would require cash. Perhaps we are better letting him stay in the group with his screen name and reputation established rather than create a new name under an alias. Just a thought, maybe not a good one.

What I envision would a system where a group of known members be established and that new members once they have had 2-3 dealings with new members, the new member becomes established as known with the assumption that if there had been problems it would have posted.

Sorry for so much non-reefing subject matter. On a more positive note check out buy/sell/trade. I have several long awaited zoanthid frags available now.

- Mark
MM

Postby CUNAReefer on Sun May 13, 2007 1:49 pm

Hey All,

FYI. Waterkeepers name is Shawn. This is not shawn82. He was just over to pick up some Pink Paylys and I advised him to change his name. :lol: Maybe we should start posting pics of ourselves. Its easy to change your screen name, but not your appearance. Or is it... :shock:

James
CUNAReefer

PreviousNext

Return to Buyer/Seller Feedback