big thanks FROM nasanek to...

Provide feedback on club members - buyers and sellers (not stores). Also you can include feedback on trades and group-orders.

Moderator: BraenDead

big thanks FROM nasanek to...

Postby nasanek on Fri May 11, 2007 8:05 pm

I've been meaning to get around to this for a long time now. I wanted to say thanks and post pics of as many corals as I could that I've gotten over the past several months from MARS members. I know this isn't really the forum to post tank pics...but just think of them as baby pics.
This is a picture of a few of the green striped mushrooms I got from ewaitob and rueg. Ewaitob was the first of many incredibly friendly, helpful, and generous MARS members I've met. Rueg was so generous I couldn't believe it. The purple lobster is the star of the pic, but I bought him at aquatic specialties...so I guess I should thank stevenliu.
Here are some of the great pulsing xenia I got from rueg. They're my girlfriends favorite. In the background you can see some zoanthids I got from Slrademacher. I also got 5 different kinds of zoanthids from Carinya who really inspired me to develop my 7 gallon with more corals. Unfortunately a lot of them are in places that I can't get real great pictures of...
Here are some more awesome zoanthids I got from Carinya (on the left) and Slrademacher (on the right).
These are some really cool sps frags I got from BraenDead. I didn't really think I'd be able to keep sps in my tank, but BraenDead had confidence in me and they've actually been growing pretty well! The new hood I put on is probably helping a little bit too. I originally just had a 32-watt SunPaq retrofit, but I recently upgraded with an additional 2 100-watt spiral fluorescents (inspired by ewaitob and MM) for a total of 232-watts peak power...overkill for a 7 gallon tank?
This is the toadstool that I really love, which I got from keyhole. Unfortunately, I never actually got to meet keyhole because we missed each other the morning I was supposed to get this from him. I got a little annoyed with keyhole the morning we missed each other and I was kinda pissy to him in a PM...but I hope he doesn't hold grudges since I heard he's a great guy. mfd78 held the coral for me to come pick up which was really nice of him and I had a lot of fun getting to see his tank and chatting about our dogs.
I got this frogspawn from ewaitob and it's way cooler than I thought it could be (one of my favs). I'm planning the day when I actually get a fish (a clownfish) to cuddle up in here. I also got some really great GSPs I'm trying to attach to the back wall from ewaitob. I've gotten green sinulara twice from him, and both times it has mysteriously disappeared...which really bums me out. I'm not sure, but I think the hermit crabs might be eating it...I don't know why, but they can't defend themselves so they'll be the scapegoats.
This is another great leather I got from ewaitob. Like I said, the guys is just too generous.
This is a sweet rock I got from Ambiant Sound that has Anthias growing all over it. I have to give Ambiant Sound a special thanks because I got my next tank from him. It's a beautiful 20gal acrylic tank that I hope to keep seahorses in...some day.

I just can't thank all of you enough for helping me to stock my tank and giving me something to obsess over. I never thought I would be able to keep so many different corals because in pet stores they're just so expensive (for me at least...grad student salary...). The MARS site is really THE thing that has allowed me to keep my nano reef. I owe all of you (ewaitob, Rueg, Carinya, Slrademacher, keyhole, mfd78, Ambiant Sound, BraenDead, and MM) a huge thanks. Hopefully I can make it to a meeting in the future and catch up with all of you again!
nasanek

Postby BraenDead on Fri May 11, 2007 10:10 pm

Looks great! Glad to see that the SPS are doing well in the tank for you.

Bob
BraenDead
Site Admin

Return to Buyer/Seller Feedback