OceanicNG

Provide feedback on club members - buyers and sellers (not stores). Also you can include feedback on trades and group-orders.

Moderator: BraenDead

OceanicNG

Postby Slakker on Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:02 am

Just posting to let you all know how incredibly pleased I am with my transaction with OceanicNG.

I purchased a 175W MH kit from him this evening, after calling him like an excited child on christmas morning asking "So...how does right now work for you?" To my surprise he replied "Sounds great."
So I took the relatively short journey out to New Glarus to pick it up. Quite a nice drive, even if Google Maps did take me on some really strange roads. I arrived, the plugged it in to make sure it worked, and when I asked him about the softies growing all over his front glass, he even threw in a couple of Xenia frags for free! Hopefully they'll like my tank as much as they do his!

It was a pleasure meeting you and chatting about your tank. It's a gorgeous reef, and you've got some really cool fish and corals.

I just had to plug it in and let it see what it could do after warming up for a few minutes, and it was so bright i literally lit up my entire basement...my brain almost exploded:

Thanks again, OceanicNG! It was truly a pleasure! Tomorrow's project is to build the pendant/support to hold this beast up above my little Eclipse :)
Slakker

Postby OceanicNG on Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:46 pm

Hey thanks brother,

Im sure that xenia will work out nicely for ya. I grew some killer SPS under that light, and im sure whatever you put under it will do nicely.

Thanks for the Feedback.

-Andy
OceanicNG

Postby Slakker on Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:14 pm

The big struggle so far was getting the support/pendant built to hang it. Right now I've got a half finished pendant hanging it about 17" above the surface. It's gonna be a project over the next couple of days/weeks to figure out just how low I can get it without my temp going nuts.

It's working great and the xenia seems happy enough. I'd post a pic but the batteries in my camera are in the process of charging. :)
Slakker

Postby Slakker on Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:17 pm

Got a quick picture.

I've got a lot of work to do to figure out just how close I can get it to the tank without frying everything...Still a bunch of work to do on the stand itself, too, but she'll go...I'll figure it out.
Slakker

Return to Buyer/Seller Feedback