my retail store joke (sarcastic)

Provide feedback on club members - buyers and sellers (not stores). Also you can include feedback on trades and group-orders.

Moderator: BraenDead

my retail store joke (sarcastic)

Postby stevenliu on Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:57 pm

This is a true story and I know the subject of the story is none of you because it was regarding freshwater fish, but I just thought I'd share it as a joke to show you how disrespectful some people are these days.

So one of my employee was closing the store the other night, he answered the phone as he was locking the door. The customer on the other end began to ask some questions on general care and compatibility on some fresh water fish. My employee went on and answered all the questions. At the end of the conversation the customer told him that they've been standing in front of the fish department at Wal-mart the whole time and now they are ready to purchase fish from them.

My reaction is- speechless. Seriously I don't mind sharing my fish knowledge with hobbyists over the phone... but come on!
stevenliu

Postby boonbee on Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:00 pm

People complain about the high prices of livestock, but I like to buy local because of the guidance and being able to really see how the fish are behaving. Nancy
boonbee

Postby spbreeder on Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:12 pm

Oh Steven, Thanks for the laugh. I can't believe the cahonas some people have. Have a great weekend and tell Sara Hi.
Denise
spbreeder

Postby SilverSurfer on Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:13 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Man you couldnt pay me to buy a fish from walmart. its like buying "ich on a stick" :shock:
ImageReality is for people who can't handle Science-FictionImage
SilverSurfer

Postby Longinus on Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:15 pm

I decided to rescue some fish from wal-mart a while back. They actually ended up fine, but this was the Milwaukee one, not this one. Not an experience I would try again, as I would rather they learn not to try to sell fish.
Longinus

Postby BraenDead on Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:21 pm

Wow, that's really sad that someone would do that. Some people really do have no respect.

Bob
BraenDead
Site Admin

Postby meisen on Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:15 pm

The good news is that Walmart's super effective business model doesnt apply to live animals (big surprise there) ie buy the cheapest goods possible, use untrained minimum wage workers whom you treat like crap and force markets to bend to your corporate profit projections by sheer size of your company. They consistently lose money in most locations on the fish (most LFS do too FYI) and unlike most LFS, they dont make it up in dry goods. Last I heard they were phasing out the fish in most of their locations. Dang first Woolworths drops fish back in '84 and now Walmart does too.

Shows how hard the business is, even one of the most profit driven and sucessful companies around cant figure it out.
meisen

Postby stevenliu on Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:11 pm

wow thanks for the support, I didn't mean this to be a Wal-mart bashing party but it seems I am not the only one against Wal-mart's amateur attitude towards fish hobby.
stevenliu

Postby Rueg on Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:19 pm

Does this say something about the people that shop at Wal-mart?
:P
(Just joking)
Rueg

Return to Buyer/Seller Feedback