HAs anyone else had problems with...

Provide feedback on club members - buyers and sellers (not stores). Also you can include feedback on trades and group-orders.

Moderator: BraenDead

HAs anyone else had problems with...

Postby Cow086 on Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:25 pm

J and A limited.

I so want to give them a great customer response cuase they are a business that is local and a part of our group but i dont think i can even if they finally come through for me.

Well heres the story.

I talked to Jaron at the november meeting about getting one of those Pumps that he was selling that he sold out of by the time i got there. And my desire to buy a copper band butterfly. The pumps and the copperband are going together casue i want the new pumps so the copperband doesnt get stuck in the pump.

So i pm him like he asked me and wait like 2 to 3 weeks for a response. Still nothing. So i have his number and call him about 8-10 times in a weekend. His phone is off. Finally get a hold of him but he is driving so he says he will call me when he gets home. Told me it would take him about 20 min to get home... now this is at like 1 pm. So i call him at 9 pm after waiting for him to call all afternoon and night. Said he forgot. now im forgiving at this point so i still want to do business and ask him some more concret answers to my order questions. I get some better figures but still have no idea what i will be paying for the copper band cause that varies. (fine) But when will i get it. Oh we have been meaning to place an order.

Well i wait another 2 or 3 weeks and nothing is done an i see them both at the dec meeting. and i talk with arron and he says to deal with him form now on. So i say ok So i go throught the same process with him I Pmed him what i wanted and still no response. so i call him too. He says that they have been meaning to place and order for some time now he will call me. So i wait.

I find out that j and a limited is going to be at the frag swap. So i am egar to go the the frag swap (not that i wouldnt go anyways) I go to the frag swap and still no pumps. So i ask them about it and they both tell me that they have to much stock right now to order any more. But they had business cards and told me to write my phone number down on the back of one so they could call me. Now at this point i have given them my number at least 3 times possiblely more with all the phone messages i have left. But me being stupid i give them my number thinking that i would get a call withen a few weeks with an update. Well i do believe the frag swap was a few weeks ago almost a month you might say. do you think i got a call yet???? Well i ll tell you... no call.... no pm... no contact...but i still want the pumps and copper band buterfly.

Now i know this is pretty harsh on J and A limited and i probably shouldnt be publicly displaying this rant and i should be takeing this issue up with them privately but

I just sent them another PM 2 days ago asking them to resolve this problem privately...
So i did everything in my power to keep this private.... Maybe i will get a response form them if i post my story in this forum.

well at this point i dont know if i want to do business with them anymore but i do want the pumps. And cant find them for as cheap any where else. if anyone knows where you can find a korria (sp) pump size 3 or 4 for a good price let me know. J and A Limited quoted me a price of $35 a piece for the pumps and no shipping if i pick them up.

I just got quoted at living art for 80 a piece for them. I know i can do better than that.

Sorry For posting this guys i like talking with you at the meetings and i hope we can work things out.

Paul

PS i have no problem editing this post once we get some results... but untill then this is where i stand
Cow086

Re: HAs anyone else had problems with...

Postby CUNAReefer on Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:22 am

Thats very unfortunate Paul. I'm sure Jeron and Aaron will do there best to resolve this issue.
Dont hate the player, hate the game...
CUNAReefer

Postby Ereefic on Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:53 pm

I would have gone elswhere along time ago, but that's just me. Sounds like they really don't want your business or this would have been taken care of along time ago.

Petland in Janesville has those pump and I know there less than $80. We picked up the #3 from there and I want to say it was $55 but not positive. Give them a call and find out.
Ereefic
Site Admin

Postby tim on Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:32 pm

Animart has them also for around 55. But I think they are out of the 3-4's.
tim

Postby Cow086 on Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:28 pm

well the only reason i want to do business with them is that i enjoy talking with them at the meetings. But now that i have options. i might just finally just go buy some at an lfs. Or do you think the Fosters and smith trip might make them cheaper? hmmm theres a thought... if ive waited this long whats another month or so...

Paul
Cow086

Postby tim on Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:34 pm

I also saw marine depot has them for 35 for the 4's.
tim

Return to Buyer/Seller Feedback