2 for 2 with premium aquatics

Provide feedback on club members - buyers and sellers (not stores). Also you can include feedback on trades and group-orders.

Moderator: BraenDead

2 for 2 with premium aquatics

Postby CUNAReefer on Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:14 am

Not sure if I even want to order from them anymore... I have placed two orders with them and both orders have parts missing to the extent where I cant even use the product I ordered...

1st order - TUNZE Wavebox with a missing controller - couldn't use it.
2nd order - Sedra 5000 Pump missing 3 out of 5 plumbing parts. Cant use my new pump :cry:

I know there are some big supporters of PA, but this is just bad. Never had this many problems with fostersandsmith.com or marinedepot.com.

2 for 2 premium aquatics! Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me twice, shame on me!

Has anyone used aquacave.com? They have the exact same products as premiumaquatics.

James
Dont hate the player, hate the game...
CUNAReefer

Re: 2 for 2 with premium aquatics

Postby Fishcrazy06 on Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:06 am

I personally have never used them James but a good friend of mine who just set up a 125 reef bought almost all of his equipment from them and praised them very highly. In matter of fact they were out of a T5 bulb so they sent him one that was close but not the exact same until the one he wanted was in stock free of charge. To me thats outstanding.

Eric
Fishcrazy06

Postby sslak on Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:29 am

Haven't tried aquacave yet, I've been ordering everything for my new tank that I can't get for a reasonable price locally from marinedepot.com and so far I've had excellent luck.

They don't stock Luminarc reflectors tho :(

Where's a good place to buy them?
Steve
sslak

Postby Ereefic on Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:41 am

James, remember that PA is generally a middle man for everything they sell. I'm doubting they go through the boxes looking to make sure everything is there. Stuff like this happen and you should really measure the company by how they handle getting you the missing parts.

I've ordered from PA many times without issue. Got a bad MH bulb from them recently and they sent me out a new one right away and gave me plenty of time to make sure the bulb was the problem (not my ballast) before sending the bad one back.

I'm really guessing your situation is a very rare occurance and givin the chance, they will make things right.

I like PA! :mrgreen:
Ereefic
Site Admin

Postby CUNAReefer on Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:20 am

SSLAK - You can find the Luminarcs at hellolights.com. ALL of my lights have been purchased throught them. Awesome company that I highly recommend!

Fishcrazy06 - Thats awesome. I'll have to give aquacave a try.

EREEFIC - Although the customer service is awesome, I have this fear that I am going to place my order for my new system and have all these little pieces missing that makes setting up the new tank harder than it has to be. I strongly agree that PA's customer service is top notch. The way that Jason handled my issue with the Wavebox was incredible. Its just hard to accept that the only two orders I placed with PA had parts missing that made the equipment unusable.

Thanks for the comments!
James
CUNAReefer

Postby CUNAReefer on Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:46 am

I received this response from PA

I believe you are seeing the water control, which is for the pond accessories...it looks as if they also sell this as a pond pump, which come with different accessories...for what we sell it as it has only what I had in the picture I showed you.

:?
If I purchase a pump from store A, then purchase the same pump from store B and both set of instructions document what should be included with the pump, wouldn't you expect to get all the same parts? I'm confused
CUNAReefer

Postby Ereefic on Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:37 pm

Was the Sedra 5000 for a skimmer with the NW? Or was it just a regular water pump? Some places sell the one pump as a replacement for a skimmer, so maybe that is why certain parts were not included?
Ereefic
Site Admin

Postby CUNAReefer on Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:57 pm

I bought it as a replacement for my turbofloater skimmer pump. I was unaware that they dont include the normal plumbing fittings. Guess I learned to call and ask before I place the order.
CUNAReefer

Postby middleton5 on Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:48 pm

I have bought from aquacave twice and was very happy both times - very fast shipping too!
middleton5

Return to Buyer/Seller Feedback