what is going wrong.....

Forum for Animart

Moderator: BraenDead

what is going wrong.....

Postby Rslinger on Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:00 pm

So I was in your store today and not very happy. Almost all the fish not labeled with prices, coral tanks looked nasty I am not even sure I would put it in my tank. There were a couple fish I thought looked ok but after 15 min with nobody back there to help me I said screw it.......your tanks are a disgrace to the hobby..I felt bad for your livestock.
Rslinger

Re: what is going wrong.....

Postby Wispsfan on Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:56 am

I stopped in a few backs on my way to Living Art and felt much the same. It sure is a shame.
Wispsfan

Postby gammer_100 on Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:10 am

I was in there yesterday.. and they were doing some major cleaning of the tanks. I was talking with the guy that kinda runs the show in the fish department, and he was saying that he's trying to get them to spend the money to do the updating it needs.
Travis
gammer_100

Postby Jake on Tue May 31, 2011 9:28 pm

Last edited by Jake on Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.
Jake

Postby Reefster100 on Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:52 pm

I used to buy from the fish department when the other guys managed it. They always had it kept up very well and prices were reasonable. Since goin in there a few recent times I decided I WON'T buy again. The tanks are nasty, the fish look sick and corals dying, prices high, service sucks!

I don't think the employees who work back there have any idea about the livestock, AND they probably don't know how to run that cheap tank system in there. Jake you said it right!

Animart is on the top of my list of worst Madison pet stores.
Reefster100

Postby luxauterna on Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:32 am

They are trying to revamp the fish room. They have recently installed LED lighting for the marine tanks, and will still have the MH tanks for certain corals. They had been having some issues with maintenance problems, electrical problems, etc. I can say one thing for certain, they definitely know there has been a problem with it and they are working to fix it.
luxauterna

Postby smatter on Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:09 pm

They should have never moved. I liked the fish room on High Crossing Blvd much better. It is so BRIGHT and sterile now. They used to carry dry goods that I was interested in as well. It's 100% Central Aquatic now, or whoever owns it this week. Boring.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
smatter

Postby Rslinger on Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:36 am

I must say great day to see this thread renewed. I was thinking about starting another rant yesterday after my visit to Beaver dam to get my kid a fish for his tank. Can you say rude. the kid they have there running the fish department just rubs me wrong. Trying to sell special clowns naked or whatever is great, but when I ask you were they get them from don't tell me from your own supplier roll your eyes turn your back and walk away. Because I will tell you I will not spend well over a hundred dollars on a fish with out wanting to know where it came from. I won't be back.
Rslinger

Return to Animart