what going on at animart?!?

Forum for Animart

Moderator: BraenDead

what going on at animart?!?

Postby gem_nut85 on Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:20 pm

who ever is in charge of the saltwater area needs to fix the plague status of the aipstia or glass anemones. They're in EVERY tank and some have teeny tiny ones others have huge ones a child's fist in size! For god sakes they sell the stuff to kill them but don't even use it on the system! no one wants those things and they hurt. You have to inject each one's base really, but if big they will kill the fish too! I have seen many fish afraid to go near them, at least the big ones.
If animart would have someone actually get rid of even 80% of them i bet the fish would sell much faster and just more of them before they end up dying and more being taken from the oceans!
gem_nut85

Re: what going on at animart?!?

Postby loopy101 on Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:25 pm

this is a good question i know this is a older thread but was there yesterday half the tanks you couldnt even see through the glass it was so dirty and the other half of the tanks had so many air bubles being pumped into the tanks the fish were freaked out. and the coral prices some of them seem to be getting way out of hand....40 bucks for a small piece of xiena??? and the last 3 pieces of corals i have bought from there came with pest anemone...
loopy101

Postby gem_nut85 on Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:46 am

i have a close freind who works there in adoptions, she said, Jake who was running things left because they wouldn't pay him fair or enough to run the system, no ones takes proper care of those tanks and there death rate is astonishing! If they sell everything covered in aipstia and bubble algae when they have the medications to treat there tanks no one in the right mind would buy them! they also don't tell people about the kind of care and basic knowledge about most the species of fish. I saw on the the freshwater fish guys, by the way he takes care of fresh only and those look better, telling this obviously new reefer how the lionfish in the tank they had wouldn't get bigger than 4 inches and it was a maybe 2 inches , i had to stop him and when the guy went to get a bag i told the buyer it was a volitan and would get 14 inches and was venomous and eats only live food, since all there fish are dinky babies, you need to tell your costumers what's appropriate for there system that guy had a 35 gallon, yikes and the ppor fish would have been given a life sentence! i almost would work there, but that is way more than a one person job. A lot of work needs to be done to make it comparable to the old animart quality.
gem_nut85

Postby SeeingGreen on Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:48 pm

I had been wondering what I was missing, but Jake being gone makes sense.

I know it took only a week for what was a totally healthy 6inch plate to be just a skeleton.

It is pretty bad.
SeeingGreen

Postby Jake on Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:50 pm

Last edited by Jake on Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.
Jake

Postby Jake on Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:39 pm

Last edited by Jake on Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.
Jake

Postby Sula on Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:49 pm

:D
When on a journey, it is good to have an end, but in the end it's the journey that counts.
Sula

Return to Animart