The next project

Madison Area Reef Society - Club and reef discussion

Moderator: BraenDead

Re: The next project

Postby tickle on Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:15 pm

Looking good. I saw this tank when I picked up that rock and Rubbermaid. What happened to that cube you had?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
tickle

Postby meisen on Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:56 am

tickle wrote:Looking good. I saw this tank when I picked up that rock and Rubbermaid. What happened to that cube you had?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks! I still have the cube too, its gone through a few major overhauls and has some LPS and softy growing in nicely now.
meisen

Postby skanderson on Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:31 pm

ok you win by virtue of not only having salt water in your tank, but having actual living corals in it. i have been very busy doing vivarium builds that my reef has been slowing going down the drain. the 300 is a sty and my frag tank is just a little better off. still not feeling the urge to hop in the 700 and get scaping with rock and get it set up and running. last weekend i actually considered putting some wood panels over the 700 to protect it until i get the bug back and start the build up again. still lurking here though so sooner or later will restart my big build thread.
skanderson

Postby meisen on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:37 pm

skanderson wrote:ok you win by virtue of not only having salt water in your tank, but having actual living corals in it. i have been very busy doing vivarium builds that my reef has been slowing going down the drain. the 300 is a sty and my frag tank is just a little better off. still not feeling the urge to hop in the 700 and get scaping with rock and get it set up and running. last weekend i actually considered putting some wood panels over the 700 to protect it until i get the bug back and start the build up again. still lurking here though so sooner or later will restart my big build thread.

Definitely looking forward to your tank man. So wanna post some vivarium pics? I love that stuff almost as much......
meisen

Postby skanderson on Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:35 am

ok just a couple quick picks of the viv so i dont feel like too much of a slacker. ImageImage
skanderson

Postby Sula on Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:48 pm

OOO I like the viv!
When on a journey, it is good to have an end, but in the end it's the journey that counts.
Sula

Postby Rueg on Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:06 pm

Wow! Very nice.
Rueg

Postby meisen on Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:44 am

skanderson wrote:ok you win by virtue of not only having salt water in your tank, but having actual living corals in it. i have been very busy doing vivarium builds that my reef has been slowing going down the drain. the 300 is a sty and my frag tank is just a little better off. still not feeling the urge to hop in the 700 and get scaping with rock and get it set up and running. last weekend i actually considered putting some wood panels over the 700 to protect it until i get the bug back and start the build up again. still lurking here though so sooner or later will restart my big build thread.

Saw the vivariums in person yesterday...those pics don't do it justice, they are amazing! Nice work Steve!
meisen

Previous

Return to MARS General