BONK (hitting myself in the head)

Madison Area Reef Society - Club and reef discussion

Moderator: BraenDead

BONK (hitting myself in the head)

Postby spbreeder on Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:34 am

Alright, nothing like making something harder than it is. I have this lovely little 29 gal tank that I have been using for a QT.
There is also a nice space to the left of my tank, hmmmm upon measuring it would fit perfectly.

Now... I am going to have 2 overflows from lifereef (they haven't arrived yet), one on either end. Could I have the one on the left go dierctly to the fuge and then down to the rubbermaid sump under the stand? Would approx 600-700 GPH be too much through a fuge?

If not then I could just do it that way and save a lot of headaches worrying about tight seals on the rubbermaid and I would have a good volume. How silly am I??

Denise
Last edited by spbreeder on Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spbreeder

Postby Ereefic on Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:54 pm

So your going to have 2 overflows in the main tank. One will go to the sump and the other too the fuge. How are you getting the water from the fuge to the sump?
Ereefic
Site Admin

Postby spbreeder on Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:53 pm

I don't know that yet but it's gotta be easier than trying to figure out the two tub thing. It will be higher than the sump and maybe I could drill a hole through my stand, any ideas? Denise
spbreeder

Postby Ereefic on Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:58 pm

Run one overflow in the main tank and one in the fuge. They both goto the sump and have a larger return pump splitting flow to both tanks.

Although this wouldn't put water straight from the display to the fuge, but water will get there anyways.

Just an idea.
Ereefic
Site Admin

Return to MARS General