new goodies for my 125g reef

Madison Area Reef Society - Club and reef discussion

Moderator: BraenDead

new goodies for my 125g reef

Postby angieg1123 on Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:04 pm

I received my SWC skimmer 2 days ago. I had a ASM G2 skimmer on this tank and WOW what a difference! I have had to empty the skimmer cup twice in 2 days. Goes to show how much the ASM was not taking out, especially since the 125g tank has been fishless since Feb. 8th. (all of the fish are being treated for ICH in the hosp. tank) Gag inducing skimmate...YEAH! I knew this since I have had SWC skimmers before and they always worked great.

I also received (2) 1 inch Sea-Swirls. I can't wait to get them installed and get all of the powerheads removed. This will take a few days since I have to build a canopy first. The lights are now on a sliding rail system so I can just push them back so I can have access to the tank. The sea swirls will not fit since the rails sit on the top edge of the tank. I will start building the canopy on Monday :( I wish I could find a canopy that was tall enough for the halides, but I have been looking for about a month with no luck. Oh well....I knew I should have just built it a month ago and been done with it. Master procrastinator :)

Here are the pics
Attachments
2-1 inch sea swirls.JPG
2-1 inch sea swirls.JPG (177.25 KiB) Viewed 278 times
SWC 180.JPG
SWC 180.JPG (214.2 KiB) Viewed 278 times
I'll frag mine if you'll frag yours :)...All of the best gardens are underwater.
angieg1123

Re: new goodies for my 125g reef

Postby reefin4fun on Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:45 pm

I love my SWC skimmer that was a great choice! And its definitely fun adding new gadgets to the tank!
reefin4fun

Return to MARS General