MARS Fragswap 9.0- date?

Madison Area Reef Society - Club and reef discussion

Moderator: BraenDead

MARS Fragswap 9.0- date?

Postby meisen on Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:28 pm

The 2013 MARS fragswap will mark the 9th frag swap we've held!Wisconsin's longest running and largest frag swap will once again be held this winter in Madison.

So I have a proposed date that follows the timing we've used the past few years ( the weekend before the superbowl and the day before the big swap in Michigan): January 26th. Planning on the same location (Cottage Grove Road VFW on the Southeast side of Madison) I just want to double check that I am not missing anything major here with regard to conflicts. We are going to lock in for that date next week so we don't have the scheduling issues we had last year with the last minute change and all.

I'll follow with some more info though I hadn't planned on changing much. Please feel free to provide input via pm or posting. Once we've set the date and location for sure we'll need some help with flyers and promoting it. I'd love to see the swap grow again this year as last year was the first year it was static (right around 300 people through the door). LMK if you are interested in helping out with publicity which entails posting on other forums, making up a flyer or printing and posting flyers at LFS and public places.

Was thinking about doing a facebook page this year as well as all the usual stuff (posts on other forums, flyers to the LFS and public places). Also going to try to get the swap into the Isthmus.

We'll open space reservation November 1st again, first come first served for spaces. It always fills up FYI though we do usually get a few cancellations.
meisen

Re: MARS Fragswap 9.0- date?

Postby MadCityReefer on Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:24 pm

Count me in Mark!! I would love to be able to help out in any way on the annual MARS swap. Had a great time last year!
KEEP ON REEFIN ON!!
tank build: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12927
MadCityReefer

Postby MM on Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:07 am

Sounds like a great plan. I like the FB page idea. Seems to be where everything is moving to. A good way to promote your items for sale also - Mark
MM

Postby meisen on Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:59 am

MadCityReefer wrote:Count me in Mark!! I would love to be able to help out in any way on the annual MARS swap. Had a great time last year!

Awesome Cliff, thanks!
meisen

Return to MARS General