New filter sump and skimmer build

Madison Area Reef Society - Club and reef discussion

Moderator: BraenDead

New filter sump and skimmer build

Postby MadCityReefer on Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:50 pm

I decided to take the plunge and add a sump to my 58gal Oceanic tank to increase my water volumn. After I recived the new sump and return pump I couldn't wait to get this going but had to wait 3 weeks to get my new skimmer because it was back order from Premium Aquatics and there was something about a little hurricane that came through there supplier CoralVue. I finally recieved the skimmer today after waiting weeks for it. Here is the final product.

Since I didn't have a over flow or drilled tank I had to add a Overflow/Prefilter so I decided on the CPR CS90 works great with the Aqualifter pump, Eshopps Reef Sump RS-100, Super Reef Octopus 1000 Protein Skimmer, CPR large HOB Refugium "thanks Jackie", Next Reef reactor "GFO", Magnavore in sump chemical reactor "carbon", and for the return pump I decided on a EHEIM 1260 return water pump 635gph because they are quite and they last forever!! and Hydor ETH In-Line External heater w/Finnex Digital Temp Controller.

I thought I share this and take some pictures of the new filtration system I think it turned out good :D
KEEP ON REEFIN ON!!
tank build: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12927
MadCityReefer

Return to MARS General