Liveaquaria Shipping ?

Madison Area Reef Society - Club and reef discussion

Moderator: BraenDead

Liveaquaria Shipping ?

Postby lotsafish on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:14 pm

Has anyone been able to get a better shipping price from liveaquaria here in Wisconsin when the standard shipping is delivered next day?
lotsafish

Re: Liveaquaria Shipping ?

Postby tickle on Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:44 pm

Negative. I tried that and they told me no way. The offered to have me order online and then pick up myself but by the time I drove there I would have over 30 bones invested in gas lol

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
tickle

Postby johntroxel71 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:52 am

I have read that seeing their facility is amazing though if you ever want to make the trip.
johntroxel71

Postby gone fishin on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:30 am

The store itself is ok. I went up to it when I moved out here. They had maybe a dozen tanks and a couple frag tanks. I will go up again when they have a divers den open house.
gone fishin

Postby MM on Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:04 pm

I always get free shipping, if you can't make a two hundred dollar order to get the free shipping you have nothing to complain about. - Mark
MM

Postby lotsafish on Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:29 pm

MM wrote:I always get free shipping, if you can't make a two hundred dollar order to get the free shipping you have nothing to complain about. - Mark

HUh? not sure what to say to that :( except, buy goods from them, pay <$10 shipping, and get it next day. Or buy something for the tank, Pay $30+ shipping and get it next day. Doesn't really make me want to spend $200
lotsafish

Postby tickle on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:52 pm

I don't like buying everything all at once kinda ruins the fun for me. That and I don't wanna dump a $200 Bio load on the tank instantly nor do I have a quarantine setup for that amount of things.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
tickle

Postby dadof4 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:25 am

I get to live Aquaria about once every two months and I live at the halfway point between L.A. and Madison. If anyone is interested in doing group buy for dry goods get in contact with me and we can work something out for pick up.
dadof4

Postby Socratic Monologue on Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:24 pm

I assume that at least part of the reason that LA won't ship livestock via standard shipping is that even in those delivery areas where standard shipping typically is next day, it is not guaranteed next day. A couple times I've gotten my salt the day after the rest of my order. SInce LA's success is due to their quality goods, no-hassle customer service and crazy-good guarantee, they stand to gain nothing by letting a few locals try to go cheap on already reasonable shipping costs. A couple DOA shipments, even if it was from people choosing cheapskate shipping, shoots a big hole in their reputation. Sometimes places such as saltwaterfish.com have shipping specials for people who want to go cheaper, but I've read you get what you pay for when choosing livestock e-tailers.
Socratic Monologue

Return to MARS General