PAR meter? Anyone loan or rent???

Madison Area Reef Society - Club and reef discussion

Moderator: BraenDead

PAR meter? Anyone loan or rent???

Postby kevinmichael77 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:48 am

Just wondering if anyone has access to a par meter or know where one can borrow/rent one for s day or so. Can't afford to buy one but really want to run some tests on my light levels. Let me know if ya got any ideas!

Thanks
kevinmichael77

Re: PAR meter? Anyone loan or rent???

Postby kevinmichael77 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:11 am

I tracked one down. Found a gentleman on another site that makes his own that give perfectly accurate readings. Compared my results outta the tank with the results taken with an expensive meter and they were spot on. Can't believe how genius done people are. I'm thinking about buying it and renting it out if anyone may be interested let me know.

Kevin
kevinmichael77

Re: PAR meter? Anyone loan or rent???

Postby meisen on Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:05 am

kevinmichael77 wrote:I tracked one down. Found a gentleman on another site that makes his own that give perfectly accurate readings. Compared my results outta the tank with the results taken with an expensive meter and they were spot on. Can't believe how genius done people are. I'm thinking about buying it and renting it out if anyone may be interested let me know.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

I was thinking if we have some extra $$ from the swap this year I'd like to pick up another one to share around with the club. Can you post or pm me his info?
meisen

Return to MARS General