Club Meetings?

Madison Area Reef Society - Club and reef discussion

Moderator: BraenDead

Club Meetings?

Postby zdstrong on Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:13 am

Hey just found out about your club. I was wondering what the status of meetings is. I didnt see any talk about gatherings. If anybody could give me the skinny i would appreciate it. thanks zak
zdstrong

Re: Club Meetings?

Postby MadCityReefer on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:50 pm

I would love to see a meeting one of these days but unfortunately I don't think a meeting has happened in years. I would be interested in hosting one sometime next spring or summer. Even if it means meeting at a bar having a few beers and talking about fish stuff.
KEEP ON REEFIN ON!!
tank build: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12927
MadCityReefer

Postby tickle on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:55 am

I'd be interested in attending one and maybe even hosting one depending on my tank status sometime next year. What is the point of a club meeting? Just to discuss fish stuff and maybe check out somebody's tank?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
tickle

Postby meisen on Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:04 am

MadCityReefer wrote:I would love to see a meeting one of these days but unfortunately I don't think a meeting has happened in years. I would be interested in hosting one sometime next spring or summer. Even if it means meeting at a bar having a few beers and talking about fish stuff.

I had one last year buddy :mrgreen:

I was thinking I'd have one again this year...maybe a Christmas party kind of thing?
meisen

Postby MadCityReefer on Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:43 pm

I'M GAME!!
KEEP ON REEFIN ON!!
MadCityReefer

Postby johntroxel71 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:41 pm

I would try to be there if you can do it on a Sunday. Too many wrestling tourneys on Saturdays.
johntroxel71

Postby zdstrong on Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:55 pm

I would definitely be interested in reviving everything. I would be completely new to everything but it would be nice to get something closer to home. MACNA from chicago is a bit to far. As soon as i get my tank flowing and the basement finished i would be interested in hosting.
zdstrong

Postby zdstrong on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:51 pm

posted this a while ago and forgot about it. who should I or we go about talking to get a meeting setup. I have a newly set up tank and finished basement that is nearing completion so i would be able to host soon. Also if nobody is wanting to host immediately I work at a local banquet/bar just off the belt line by the alliant energy center, I could get a cheap room if not for free so we could set up some sort of formal meeting. even if its just an informal get together and grab a beer bring some tank pics whatever it may be.
zdstrong

Postby MadCityReefer on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:34 am

zdstrong wrote:I would definitely be interested in reviving everything. I would be completely new to everything but it would be nice to get something closer to home. MACNA from chicago is a bit to far. As soon as i get my tank flowing and the basement finished i would be interested in hosting.

zdstrong where are you located? I don't see meetings happening to often here in Madison but with the popularity of saltwater tanks in the local community seem to be on the rise so I hope to see meetings start to happen more frequently. Another option is joining WRS "Wisconsin Reef Society" they have meetings every month and a annual Christmas party, annual picnic/barbecue and annual bus trip which has been a yearly highlight for many WRS members.

http://www.wireefsociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13307
KEEP ON REEFIN ON!!
MadCityReefer

Return to MARS General