New to this forum

Madison Area Reef Society - Club and reef discussion

Moderator: BraenDead

New to this forum

Postby JHawk on Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:05 pm

Hello!

I am moving out to Janesville in January from the Twin Cities area, and I thought I would just say hello. I am a recent grad from Stout and have been running saltwater aquariums for over 2 years. It is a family hobby, and my father had saltwater aquariums for many, many years.. (since prior to me being born) My mother has a 29BC and my father has a 14BC as well as a 75gal. So saltwater is pretty integrated into my family. Haha. I am a part of TCMAS in the cities, which for those of you who don't know, is the marine aquarium society up here. But as I am moving out to Janesville soon to start my "career", I thought that I would look for a new club a little closer to my new home.

A quick about my set up, I am currently running a BioCube 29 in my apartment, which I will be moving with me. Have about 20+ pound live rock, 2 RTBAs, Kenyas, Monti, Frogspawn, a handful of zoas, sawtooth and grape calurpa (which I harvest and give to those who have tangs that enjoy it in the club), some cloves and miscellaneous mushrooms. For livestock, I have 2 black and white clowns, a sixline wrasse, a damsel, and a lawnmower blenny (who is the blenny from h*ll, and loves to attack my arm whenever I clean my tank.. and I will probably be giving him away prior to the move and get something less aggressive.)

Along this my saltwater, I also have multiple other freshwater aquariums, and have had or been around fish and aquariums all my life.

Well, enough about me for now, I look forward to meeting you guys and have a wonderful day!

Jen
Keep your friends close, and your anenomes closer.
JHawk

Location: School: Menomonie, WI Hometown: Stillwater, MN Future location: Janesville, WI

Re: New to this forum

Postby JHawk on Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:07 pm

Side note: Mods, I don't know if you have a "Newbie" or a "Welcome" thread that I was supposed to post this into.. So feel free to move it or anything. I looked around, but didn't see anything and I apologize if this was not the correct place to post this.
Keep your friends close, and your anenomes closer.
JHawk

Location: School: Menomonie, WI Hometown: Stillwater, MN Future location: Janesville, WI

Re: New to this forum

Postby jelly on Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:46 pm

welcome to the club.. and soon welcome to janesville there are a few of us on here from around janesville.. when ever you deside to buy frags this club is a great place to do it and there are a few around janesville who sells frags to.. if you ever need a stand build for a new tank let us know we build custom tanks stands.. once again welcome to the club and to soon to the janesville area

adam
Wounded Warrior Project Alumni.
larger skimmers and calcium reators of all sizes
http://www.aquariumeng.com/index.html#
jelly

Return to MARS General