Frag Swap Planning Meeting aka get together & drink beer

Madison Area Reef Society - Club and reef discussion

Moderator: BraenDead

Frag Swap Planning Meeting aka get together & drink beer

Postby meisen on Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:42 pm

Hey all,
Its that time of year again. Time to get together and discuss the upcoming frag swap. I'll be honest, since we've been doing this so long now and nothing has really changed much in the past years its mostly just about doing what we always do. Thus the meeting is more a time to get together to hang out and drink some well-earned beers :mrgreen:

Anyway, I propose a Tuesday night at our usual haunt, Quaker Steak and Lube in Middleton. Everyone, old or new, is welcome. Is that a night that works for people? November 27th or December 4th? Maybe like 7:30 or 8:00 pm? Most of these have run for a couple hours but we'll do the discussion up front so anyone wanting just to be there for that doesn't have to commit a lot of time.

Post up here if you think you'd come, if the dates/times work etc just so we can get an idea of how large a table to ask for.
meisen

Re: Frag Swap Planning Meeting aka get together & drink beer

Postby Jeromi on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:24 am

well seeing as it is the 28th when I am seeing this, I could possibly do the 4th. I could do any other evening that week.

Jeromi
Jeromi

Postby MadCityReefer on Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:28 am

I can do the 4th as well
KEEP ON REEFIN ON!!
tank build: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12927
MadCityReefer

Postby meisen on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:42 pm

Cool....so tomorrow night. Anyone else interested? Sula? MM?
meisen

Postby Sula on Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:39 pm

:D
When on a journey, it is good to have an end, but in the end it's the journey that counts.
Sula

Postby MM on Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:09 pm

So glad I logged on tonight, I will be there. Hey if I am missing something feel free to call my cell for those of you that have it. Been busy lately but I do have a lot of coral and I have a huge shipment coming soon with luck. Diver gone AWAL again..... but i am waiting on a freshly collect batch of 300 rics :) and some other stuff

- Mark
MM

Postby Sula on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:13 am

So the time is 7:30/8:00-ish, right?
When on a journey, it is good to have an end, but in the end it's the journey that counts.
Sula

Postby meisen on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:29 am

Hey guys, hope you had a good beer for me! I got stuck with a tough kid night so I apologize I didn't make it.
meisen

Postby MM on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:44 am

We were so drunk we were not sure if you made it or not Mark. It was a crazy MARS meeting with loud toasts made to the great barrier reef while standing on chairs singing yellow submarine. When the Aussie dwarf tossing event starting I had to call a cab. Unfortunately not much planning got done. :P
MM

Postby Jeromi on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:21 pm

I'm bummed I didn't get a chance to log on last minute to see that folks were able to go. I would have joined, just figured it wasn't happening. Is there a day in the near future that we could get together as a group? most evenings after 7 could work for me with a week or two advanced planning. Just an idea but is there the capability to set individual, specified threads to alert to email or text messaging? That would be really helpful in situations like this

Jeromi
Jeromi

Postby Sula on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:52 pm

Jeromi wrote: is there the capability to set individual, specified threads to alert to email or text messaging? That would be really helpful in situations like this
Jeromi

I always get email alerts when someone replies to a thread in which I am active, don't you?

Like MM said, it got awfully rowdy last night - I will need some time to recover before we try a repeat :lol:
If we had a written agenda I'll bet we could have stayed on course a little better.

ps - Aussie, really? I was having trouble placing the accent...
Sula

Postby meisen on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:01 pm

Sula wrote:
Jeromi wrote: is there the capability to set individual, specified threads to alert to email or text messaging? That would be really helpful in situations like this
Jeromi

I always get email alerts when someone replies to a thread in which I am active, don't you?

Like MM said, it got awfully rowdy last night - I will need some time to recover before we try a repeat :lol:
If we had a written agenda I'll bet we could have stayed on course a little better.

ps - Aussie, really? I was having trouble placing the accent...

Nice. Well that will teach me to miss out. Good on you guys for raging anyway.
meisen

Postby Jeromi on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:47 pm

I only get email alerts if I get a PM
Jeromi

Postby Sula on Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:59 am

Jeromi wrote:I only get email alerts if I get a PM

You can set this up in your profile - click on "profile" above, then go to Board Preferences and then Edit Posting Defaults.
Hope this helps -
Sula

Return to MARS General