Coral ID and Some Tank Pics

Madison Area Reef Society - Club and reef discussion

Moderator: BraenDead

Coral ID and Some Tank Pics

Postby johntroxel71 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:57 pm

Yesterday I bought some great coral from Meisen, and he had said he would help with a couple of my coral ID's. I figured I would just post them up for everyone to see. Some are corals I have had for 4-5 months, and then I also took a couple of pics of what I bought yesterday.

Here are some pics of the corals I need help ID'ing:

Now, here are some of the coral I bought yesterday:

And here is one of my new fish I bought yesterday. I bought 2, but my royal gramma is being shy right now.

And here are a couple of my other coral along with a full tank shot:

johntroxel71

Re: Coral ID and Some Tank Pics

Postby meisen on Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:36 pm

Not sure on the first one. It looks like an acropora in one pic but looks like a monti in another....hard to tell but is there an axial coralite in that first pic . Acros have a coralite that terminates in a polyp...usually a tube shape at the growth end vs a white smooth part in most montis. As to which coral it is beyond that, no idea.

That second one does look like the bonsai. If its fast growing perhaps its Copps Bonsai? Purple all the way to the base :)

You know the rest right? They look familiar :mrgreen:
meisen

Re: Coral ID and Some Tank Pics

Postby johntroxel71 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:07 pm

Remember, I am a noob, so fast growing to me may be slow to other. The first 2 pictures are 2 different corals. I will try to get my daughter to take some better pictures for me.
johntroxel71

Return to MARS General