MARS frag swap and New Member

Madison Area Reef Society - Club and reef discussion

Moderator: BraenDead

MARS frag swap and New Member

Postby SuperSaiyanGoku on Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:38 am

Hi everyone.
This was the first time that I went to a frag swap. I have to say wow how awesome that was. I actually brought my 9 year old son and he had his own little cooler to pick out some frags. I had so much fun I really would do it again! I actually spent way over my budget, however I will have the most awesome display tank and frag tank. Thanks again for everyone's hard work. It's something to talk about at the current fish store that I work at. I was the only one that went. Man did my coworkers luck out by not going. Toodles!
SuperSaiyanGoku

Re: MARS frag swap and New Member

Postby sslak on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:17 am

SuperSaiyanGoku wrote: I actually spent way over my budget,

Yeah...it used to be when I ran out of cash I was done, now all these vendors take credit cards! =D>

So much for my foolproof "budget". Oh well, the stuff I bought you would never even see in a store and if you could find it, one piece would have cost the same as what I spent on the 7 or 8 new pieces I got.

Really glad you had a good time, this was a great year and there were some fantastic vendors.

I stayed away from the SPS this year, I'm a few years into the hobby and have had mixed luck. My LPS and softies all do really well (I have a frogspawn the size of a football) so I'm going to focus my tank more in that direction. I got some really nice acans and some zoas this year.

Huge thanks to Mark and everyone else who put in time and effort to make this happen!
Steve
sslak

Return to MARS General