Thanks to all those that helped out on the swap

Madison Area Reef Society - Club and reef discussion

Moderator: BraenDead

Postby meisen on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:34 pm

So just a quick thank-you to everyone who helped, participated and showed up to support the frag swap. We had a record day with well over 300 public through the door and total participants (volunteers, public, sellers and vendors) in the 340 range!!!! That was quite a rush of people for that first hour, holy cow!!! Thanks for being orderly and patient as we got people inside. And thanks to the vendors and hobbyist swappers who came from literally across the country to our little swap. Special thanks to the volunteers who worked hard on swap preparation, cleanup, working the door, setting up the raffle, promoting the swap and helping our sellers feel welcome.

I'm working on something for all the volunteers....please know you are appreciated and I'm just trying to figure out a way to work it out so we can do the raffle draw ex situ. :mrgreen:

Lastly, this marks my last year of doing the swap and actively participating in the club. :cry: As many of you heard at the swap our family is moving back to New York this summer. I've really enjoyed this club and sharing my passion for our hobby with so many folks both through the swaps, beer drinking, meetings, BBQs and more. Thanks for being a great bunch of folks and sharing your time, ideas and energy with me!!!! I look forward to occasional visits to Madison and staying connected via the forum and such.
meisen

Re: Thanks to all those that helped out on the swap

Postby cpandrewschmidt on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:18 pm

Awe man, you're moving?!? That sucks for us, but best of luck to your family! Guess that means I'll save a bunch of money on frags at future swaps :D Thanks for all you've done for the club. I hope someone can dedicate the time you did.

Andrew
180 gallon mixed reef
cpandrewschmidt

Postby MadCityReefer on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:18 pm

cpandrewschmidt wrote:Awe man, you're moving?!? That sucks for us, but best of luck to your family! Guess that means I'll save a bunch of money on frags at future swaps :D Thanks for all you've done for the club. I hope someone can dedicate the time you did.

Andrew

+1 Thank you Mark for making this possible!
KEEP ON REEFIN ON!!
tank build: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12927
MadCityReefer

Postby nasanek on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:27 am

Huge thank you to you for making it happen Mark. You should be proud, you did a great job!

You will be GREATLY missed.

N
Life is a comedy for those who think... and a tragedy for those who feel.
~Horace Walpole
nasanek

Postby BraenDead on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:33 am

Glad to hear the swap was such a success! Sorry I had to leave early, but I'm glad to hear of the success - thanks for all you have done, Mark!

Mark - have you heard from anyone interested in taking over the job of running the SWAP? If not, I'd be interested in sitting down with you to at least accumulate as much knowledge as possible, as well as any material you have that you are willing to share (contact info, liability releases, any other docs, etc). I'm not necessarily volunteering to run the swap next year, but I think it would be helpful to get that info.

Bob
BraenDead
Site Admin

Postby Conrad25 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:01 am

You will surely be missed Mark. From your great knowledge and coral selection to the hard work you put into making the swap such a great success. Hope your move goes well and hope your not done with the hobby just cause your leaving WI :)

Conrad
300G DD Starfire Display, 365G Sump with downdraft skimmers
Conrad25

Location: Milwaukee, WI (1 minute away from WI state fair grounds)

Postby starboard on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:38 am

Good luck to you and your family Mark. You were a great help to me since my beginning in MARS and will always be great full for the livestock you've provided to me. You organized a great swap and maintained quite the selection of corals. May life treat you well in your adventures. Cheers!
P.s. Make sure to buy a good back up generator out in NY ;)
starboard

Postby psulion on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:21 am

Very sorry to hear you are leaving. When I think of MARS and the MARS Swap, I think of Mark. Fantastic organizer, great frags and a super nice guy. Big shoes to fill that's for sure. I would also reiterate that the Swap was ,as it always has been, another great event.
psulion

Postby Aimforever on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:16 pm

Mark, I also just wanted to say thanks again for everything. You truly have always been an inspiration, and your tanks and corals something I always aspired to achieve. I just can't say thanks enough for all you have done for the reefing community!! Best wishes to you and your family on your exciting transition!
Aimforever

Postby jelly on Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:17 pm

i want to say thank you for all the help you gave me over the years and the info.. it sucks you will be leaving us but the people in NY are going to be getting a great guy who lots of information.. good luck
Wounded Warrior Project Alumni.
larger skimmers and calcium reators of all sizes
http://www.aquariumeng.com/index.html#
jelly

Postby meisen on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:47 pm

Aww guys.....Thanks! Hope I get to drink some beer with you all at least once before we leave....it's not for 5 months so sheesh, it can happen right?
meisen

Postby zforce on Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:10 am

Thanks Mark, I know I'm relatively new, but I am grateful that you were so helpful and welcoming once I caught the reef bug. Now we'll have east coast representation!

Good luck, cheers,
Zach
zforce

Return to MARS General