Success!

Madison Area Reef Society - Club and reef discussion

Moderator: BraenDead

Success!

Postby TanyaBloom on Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:08 am

I just wanted to share with everyone..

Since my original post... I have learned a LOT!! Thanks to many of you on the forum! My tank is loaded with LR, I have purchased a refractometer, and will be purchasing an RO unit very soon! Though I have lost a few fish, the other ones are doing great! I'm even keeping a toad stool frag alive and a new bubble tip anemone. Unfortunately, my clowns have no interest in it yet-- but maybe with some
time (and lots of hope) they will form a relationship. Even my scooter blenny and orange spotted goby are eating the frozen food I drop in the tank! Wooh!

Thanks again everyone! How rewarding it is to finally be on the path to success instead of a path to failure. Can't wait until I can give more updates of successes!

Oh yes-- I no longer have "plastic plants" and "plastic decorations" ... My tank is looking like a true salt water... Not just "ugly"
~Newbie~ :oops:
TanyaBloom

Re: Success!

Postby Socratic Monologue on Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:21 pm

That's great to hear. Some pics would be nice, too.

Please, do go slowly. A week or two is a pretty short time to measure success in, in spite of how well things seem to be going. Keep us posted!
Socratic Monologue

Postby jelly on Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:46 pm

shes in good hands.. give it time and she will have everything she needs to a great tank..
Wounded Warrior Project Alumni.
larger skimmers and calcium reators of all sizes
http://www.aquariumeng.com/index.html#
jelly

Postby TanyaBloom on Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:27 pm

As soon as I get on my regular computer I will post pics!
~Newbie~ :oops:
TanyaBloom

Postby nooch1019 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:00 pm

Keep up the good work. Also, when it comes to clowns hosting your anemone, just give it time. One of my clowns began hosting right away, while the other was hesitant. They are both hosting now so everything is good.
nooch1019

Return to MARS General