Help with sump

Madison Area Reef Society - Club and reef discussion

Moderator: BraenDead

Help with sump

Postby nurse2b123 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:49 am

I have a eshopps 75 sump and a hob overflow and a rio 750 gph pump. So now what? I need a list or something to take into menards because I have no idea what all piping and stuff I need or what lengths and stuff. I have it for a 55 gallon tank.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.
nurse2b123

Re: Help with sump

Postby jelly on Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:03 am

post some pictures of what you have and around the area so we can get an idea of what we will be working.. also tell us where you are from so if there is someone local to you they maybe able to stop by and help with the parts list.
Wounded Warrior Project Alumni.
larger skimmers and calcium reators of all sizes
http://www.aquariumeng.com/index.html#
jelly

Postby Reefer! on Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:11 pm

Hello, I just finished making my Sump functional. Just take your HOB prefilter to a hardware store and somebody there should be able to help you. All you need is some vinyl tuning to slap on the return and pipe down to your sump. I also made sure the seal was tight with one of those metal rings you can tighten with a screwdriver (sorry I don’t know what they are called). I’m sure there is a better way, but for the time being that is what I have done, and it works fine for me. The only complaint I have is the amount of tiny bubbles that appear in my DT!
Reefer!

Postby Reefer! on Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:11 pm

Hello, I just finished making my Sump functional. Just take your HOB prefilter to a hardware store and somebody there should be able to help you. All you need is some vinyl tuning to slap on the return and pipe down to your sump. I also made sure the seal was tight with one of those metal rings you can tighten with a screwdriver (sorry I don’t know what they are called). I’m sure there is a better way, but for the time being that is what I have done, and it works fine for me. The only complaint I have is the amount of tiny bubbles that appear in my DT!
Reefer!

Return to MARS General