Where to get the best price on salt?

Madison Area Reef Society - Club and reef discussion

Moderator: BraenDead

Where to get the best price on salt?

Postby causeofhim on Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:20 pm

Anyone have a lead on the best price on a bucket of salt in the Janesville/Madison area. If the prices are all pretty much the same I'll just shoot over to the LFS here in Janesville and pick some up.

I'm using Instant Ocean now and will probably stick with it.

causeofhim

Postby spbreeder on Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:33 pm

I am not sure but someone over at RC said that if you printed the price list at the Petsmart website and took it in to the store, they would honor the price. I have never tried it though. I never plan my trips out of the house that well.

Denise
spbreeder

Postby SilverSurfer on Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:00 am

yea do that what he said, i got 55g's worth of salt for 10 bucks at petsmart(instant ocean) i think the bucket is 34 bucks or something on their website. I just came from there again last nite, picked up a AC500 originally like $72 but with printed out petsmart sheet was only $34 not too bad deal i don't think. You take it in there, then ask if they can meet it, they will get the manager to approve it which they do as long as u have printed out sheet.
ImageReality is for people who can't handle Science-FictionImage
SilverSurfer

Postby Mark on Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:04 am

I know the west side Petsmart has IO for around $45.

Not that I really like the store that much ... but fairly cheap compared to anywhere else. [also cheaper if you talk them into web-price].

The Janesville store also had decent prices on IO + Oceanic the last times I was in there. Everywhere else I've seen IO over $60/bucket.

Just what I've found. I've heard Dr. F+S up in Rhinelander have salt much cheaper - but it's a drive. If anyone's going there ... I'd happily chip in ahead of time for a few buckets.
Mark

Postby Brad_608 on Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:39 pm

you guys are lucky

here in the stix they charge $26 for 55 gl. worth of salt

if anyone can get a bucket of IO for 10$ I WANT ONE :lol:
I'm unemployable Yeah
Brad_608

Return to MARS General