Returning to the Area

Madison Area Reef Society - Club and reef discussion

Moderator: BraenDead

Returning to the Area

Postby okcChief on Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:04 pm

Howdy all!

I just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm returning to Madison after 20 years in the Navy. I've been in saltwater hobby for the last 6 years. While I'm currently tank-less right now, a friend back in Oklahoma is holding my prize corals that I couldn't bare to sell. With that said, once I get a house,I'll get a tank and start collecting and trading corals again. While it's nice not having what I call a tank leash, I sure am going through withdraw. I look forward to meeting you all at the next swap or meeting.

Take Care,
James
okcChief

Re: Returning to the Area

Postby Best Fish on Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:44 pm

Hi James and welcome back to Wisconsin. I do not normally post here but did want to thank you for your service! A military man from Oklahoma relocating to Madison....hmmm....now that may take some time to adjust to...lol. Although I have not been to any of the Madison stores, the feedback I hear is always that Living Art is the store of choice for saltwater. Also, coming up in a few short weeks is Fragstock Wisconsin, a coral frag swap where you can meet a lot of great people. http://www.wireefsociety.com/viewforum.php?f=90 . If you ever make it to Milwaukee, stop in and introduce yourself. And again, we do appreciate your service.

Brian - "Best Fish" - Mil
best-fish@earthlink.net
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... p60I#gid=0
Best Fish

Re: Returning to the Area

Postby okcChief on Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:42 pm

Brian,

Thanks for the info, I'll be sure to check out your store when I'm over there. Fragstock looks like a good time, so I'll mark it on the calendar. I saw allot of zoas I want. i'll have to hurry up and get my tank set up.

It's nice to see there's a good showing of reefers in Wisconsin.

James
okcChief

Return to MARS General