Replacing bearings on Reeflo Dart pump

Madison Area Reef Society - Club and reef discussion

Moderator: BraenDead

Replacing bearings on Reeflo Dart pump

Postby BraenDead on Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:04 am

I've gone through the process of replacing the bearings on my Reeflo Dart pump and this really helps make a difference. My pump is about 10 years old, before 2005, when every Dart was made with the Baldor motor and cost less than $200 (I can't believe a new Dart with a Baldor motor is almost $400 now). Anyways, one of the bearings had a bit of rust and making a bit of noise. If anyone ever needs help replacing the bearings (or the seals, which I have done a couple times), let me know. I also have a few extra bearings for the motor as well, about $2 each, if anyone needs any.

Bob
BraenDead
Site Admin

Re: Replacing bearings on Reeflo Dart pump

Postby starboard on Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:48 pm

What does that pump look like? I have a pump that has no name or anything on it to identify what it is actually.
starboard

Postby BraenDead on Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:37 pm

It looks like this, though the pump volute is black, not white: http://glassreef.com/equip_dart_pump.htm

If you post pictures of whatever pump you have, I'm guessing someone can identify it.

Bob
BraenDead
Site Admin

Postby BraenDead on Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:44 am

Just a quick update - the pump is MUCH quieter with the new bearings installed. Also, I went with rubber sealed bearings rather than the metal sealed, so hopefully these will last longer in this environment.

Bob
BraenDead
Site Admin

Return to MARS General