nano tank filtration help

Madison Area Reef Society - Club and reef discussion

Moderator: BraenDead

nano tank filtration help

Postby omar23 on Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:12 am

I have a 12 gal nano cube I'm setting up
What would you guys recomend putting in the back chambers?
Right now I have sponge in first chamber and carbon bag in the 2nd
omar23

Re: nano tank filtration help

Postby AAdkins5944 on Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:02 pm

I'd recommend running some blue filter floss as a prefilter (change every 4 or 5 days)
Followed by a bag of chemipure and a bag of purigen. You can run a nano skimmer if you desire but it's not necessary as long as you perform weekly water changes. Between 10 and 15 percent should be more than enough. You can also experiment with using a chamber for a refugium but don't expect it to work wonders. The micro fauna would be an added benefit from this however. Great pod farm. On my nuvo 16 I run filter floss with chemipure elite, a bag of purigen, and a bag of sea gel. Crystal clear water. Hope that helps out
AAdkins5944

Postby KerryandDanJ on Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:03 pm

I have a biocube 8 and I run chemipure, purigen, and poly fill . I do a 2.5g water change every week and my tanks been doing really well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
KerryandDanJ

Postby Longinus on Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:27 pm

I run a fuge in the middle chamber of my BC 14, I scraped the back and am using a CFL on the back to grow the chaeto and it seems to work OK. I also run 2 bags of carbon below the fuge, although I plan to switch this with purigen when I get fine enough mesh bag to split up the big one I won at the swap (I had no clue just how big that bag was, wow!)
-.-- -.-- --..
Longinus

Return to MARS General