Wow, lots of new people signing up, introduce yourselves.

Madison Area Reef Society - Club and reef discussion

Moderator: BraenDead

Wow, lots of new people signing up, introduce yourselves.

Postby spbreeder on Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:09 pm

:D Welcome.

Denise
spbreeder

Postby snorulz on Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:32 am

Thanks
I have been on reefcentral for about 4 months and finally did some exploring on mars page and discovered this forum.
Im Luke, live in stoughton, attend college at uw madison
I have a 55 FOWLR, valintini puffer, spotted hawk, lawnmower blennie, 2 clowns, cleaner shirmp. I just set up a remora pro w/mag 5, very pleased with the results, before i had a modified skilter. Thanks to middletonmark i now have a big clump of cheato in my fuge. I think i may win the battle with the hair algae.
snorulz

Postby Mark on Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:08 am

Hi, I'm Mark [middletonmark or middlemark on other boards]

I've been a member for a year and a half now, very happy to see the new members and all the people putting forth an effort to link up. This is a great group of people.

I've got a couple tanks, a 58g SPS-focus tank and a 40g breeder softie focus tank [and a rubbermaid tub in the basement, QT]. My 58 is in the `members area' and has more info there.

Anyway - always happy to meet new folks, see more tanks ... and provide chaeto algae :) It was great to meet you Luke.
Last edited by Mark on Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark

Not so new

Postby Toddah on Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:50 am

Hey All,
I'm Todd (Toddah) and I have been around here since the board got started. I live south of Stoughton WI in the boonies. I have been reefing for about 2.5 years and did FWFO for another 25. I have a 110 mixed reef tank that I try an keep happy, sometimes I succeed other times I am a failure. I was a Senior Control Design Engineer but I took treatments and got better so now I run the computer network/voip system for a midsized Wisconsin city.
I owe alot of my success to this board as well as a few others I frequent and the great fellow reefers we have here to consult with. Ereefic, Middleton Mark and a host of others have saved me a few trips to the shrinks office with their patients and advise in helping me work through the rigors of new tanks and tank transfers and calcium testing in the 1100 range :shock:
I would like to welcome all the new members and offer any of my limited experience to help in any way I can. Also if you are in the WI area you should make an effort to get to a MARS meeting, it is a great bunch of folks that are lots of fun and have a wealth of knowledge. it also is a GREAT way to stock your tanks as they are very generous with frags and macro and such. Help curb the costs and save the natural ocean stock by trading with fellow reefers.
Do you ever wonder why the only thing common in all your dysfunctional relationships with others is you?
Toddah

Postby spbreeder on Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:02 pm

Hi, I am Denise. My family and I live in Sun Prairie. I have a 125 work in progress. Thanks to the generosity of MARS members I now have 6 corals (all are doing well) and am looking forward to being able to share what I have with others. In addition to those corals, I also have a hippo tang, 2 clowns, 4ish chromis (1 is not looking so hot today, he is the smallest of the 5 so I think he is getting picked on, torn fins etc), scooter blennie, strawberry pseudochromis, 4 cleaner shrimp, 2 scarlet fire shrimp, 1 peppermint shrimp, crabs and snails.

I attended my first MARS meeting in Jan. It was a fun time and everyone is really nice. I am looking forward to this month's meeting.

Denise
spbreeder

Hello,

Postby causeofhim on Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:00 pm

Hello,
I'm Matt. I live in Janesville with my wife, four-year old, and our Wheaten Terrier. I am pretty new to the whole salt water thing but am loving it. I have two small tanks; a 20 gal and a 27 gal bowfront. Mostly softies in the bowfront and am making the 20 gal into a lps and sps tank.
Everyone that I have met through MARS has been wonderful and very helpful to a beginner. Thanks!!

Look forward to meeting all those that I have not yet had the chance.

Matt :wink:
causeofhim

Postby SilverSurfer on Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:10 pm

Hi I am Marty,

I have been lurking for past year, lil longer, around forums on SW. I keep mostly FW, have a 10g SW tank, which is currently being upgraded to 50g or 40g*haven't made the decision yet*. I have anemone, lawnmower blenny, two clowns, crabs, snails, masked goby. Can't wait to get into some corals!

I live in Beaver Dam, With my g/f Juanita, our two daughters Hailey & Lexy. I Breed african peacock cichlids, and have been venturing into SW now, I needed a challenge...lol. Glad to see so many locals into the SW here.
ImageReality is for people who can't handle Science-FictionImage
SilverSurfer

Postby tzenda on Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:17 am

Hi im Tre

ive also been wanderin around the other forums for a little over a year, i was so glad to find out there were so many other fishys around madison.
i attended my first meeting in jan and was glad i did so.
i have a 75gal workin progress and am about to move to lodi with my g/f and 5year old son.
Your body is not a temple, its an amusment park. Enjoy your time there.
tzenda

Postby tapper of spines on Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:52 pm

Hi everyone. My name is Erik,

I live in Madison with my wife and our 5-month old daughter. I'm a grad student at UW-Madison. I've been into SW for about two years, though only finally got around to setting up our first tank just over a year ago. Thus far the residents are a YWG, a feather duster and a few struggling corals (and of course, clean-up crew). There are also two cinnamon clowns in the QT.

By bizarre twists of fate, I have never yet made it to a MARS meeting. My wife and I always seem to be out of town when it happens. We will actually be in town February 27, but since the meeting has been cancelled I guess we won't be going to that one. Naturally will we be out of town for the meeting at Nancy's house. :( Ah well. One day....

TOS
tapper of spines

Postby spongebob on Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:44 pm

Hello, my name is lonny. I live in arena, about 25mi west of Mad, with my wife and 12 year old son. we have a 180 softy with fish. I cant seem to get a handle on my nitrates. I also have not made it to a meeting but someday hope to. we have a finger leather, torch, hammer,and three brains. 10 blue cromis, cardinal blenny.goldface gobie, niger trigger, and a cardinal. hope to somday meet some of you.
spongebob

Postby hazard on Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:52 pm

Hi my name is Chris and I am from Evansville.

I am still saltless and will be for awhile yet but I have been slowly learning about saltwater setups. I got schooled by Toddah a month ago and learned alot. I currently run 19 freshwater tanks which keep me busy. Eventually I will make to a meeting. Priorities around the house always seem to get in the way of when the meetings are held. Someday I will convert one of my 125g to a reef tank. I have a few salt experts that lives so close to me that I should be okay/

Chris
The tropheus are calling!!!
http://malatangcichlids.com
hazard

Postby Brad_608 on Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:40 am

19 tanks :shock:

unless you run an LFS then I would say that's the most I've heard of

switch to salt and you'll lose most interest for freshwater,
soon you will have 19 salt tanks :lol:

Brad
I'm unemployable Yeah
Brad_608

Postby hazard on Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:14 am

I plan on doubling how many tank I have in the future once I get my fishroom the way I want. I have a friend in Janesville with 60 tanks setup on a waterchange system and the air is ran by an air blower. Very clean setup.

The salt will be here eventually

Just way to many fish and way to few tanks

Chris
The tropheus are calling!!!
http://malatangcichlids.com
hazard

Hi

Postby meisen on Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:44 am

Hi,

My name is Mark (the other other Mark I guess). My finance and I moved here to Madison fairly recently. She is a nurse-midwife and I am rowing coach (at least for now). I am excited to get into the local reefkeeping scene....and glad that Madison has one. Its been great meeting people through the club and I try to make meetings whenever(and wherever)I can. I have been in the aquarium thing both professionally and recreationally at varying intensity for a long time(though I still havent gotten any common sense out of the deal). As far as my setup, I am just recovering from the move and two successive tank crashes last year. Things are pretty low key and we dont have room for more than one tank so it should stay that way. We have a 120 mixed reef that I am slowly getting upto snuff.
meisen

~*~ Buenos días, Hola, Bonjour, Buon giorno! ~*~

Postby moujon on Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:04 am

Hi all- I’m Shel-and I’m into obsessive hobbies! I researched about every book I could find in our library for about a year and lurked almost as long on all the SW sites I could find. I started with a 38g FOWLR which has evolved into a 90g reef. I also have African, SA, & CA cichlids and a tank of small SE Asia fishes. I currently have 14 FW tanks (ranging from 10g to 125g) and 2 SW. And that's not including the monster Comets (12”) we have that are outgrowing their tank!

Keeping the tanks is cheaper than therapy and my bien-être is helped by watching the tanks late at night while sipping a little chilled vodka! :D

My reef tank includes green star polyps, zoanthids, anemones, an assortment of mushrooms and feather dusters. For livestock I have 5 clownfish, a YT damsel, a royal gramma basslet, a neon goby, a banded brittle star, 1 small emerald crab and an assorted cleanup crew. Future residents (when they come out of QT) will include a small yellow tang and regal tang, flame hawk, and a red-lipped blenny. Looking forward to the day when I can share frags with others.

I’m a Health Coordinator and do export protocol compliance for an AI company. I live in the country near Hustisford (about 20 m east of Columbus) with my husband, 3 teenage girls, mother-in-law, 3 dogs, 4 cats, and soon to be 4H lambs. Anytime anyone wants to come on out- let me know.
Shel
moujon

Return to MARS General