Led light options feedback please

Madison Area Reef Society - Club and reef discussion

Moderator: BraenDead

Led light options feedback please

Postby mcmarkrazz on Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:31 pm

Looking to replace me light setup from stunners to a couple square 6x12or whatever led lightbfixture we can screw onto our hood.
Looking for a cheap option, any input off some of the ebay led set ups or others that might be a good option?
Thanks
mcmarkrazz

Re: Led light options feedback please

Postby electraglide999 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:30 pm

I think it mainly comes down to personal preference and your budget. I like ecotech radion but I am not willing to pay for them at this time. So just went with rapid led diy. I did lots of research until my head ached, then just pulled the trigger and built 2.

electraglide999

Postby SeeingGreen on Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:34 am

What is your definition of cheap?

Used ai sols sell moderately cheap and are a really good light. (250 each) if you check the boards people selling the housings and pucks from after they upgraded. If you buy a heatsink and a power supply you could diy fab a sol for about 150.

Reef breeders are about 180 new on sale for a full spectrum fixture.

Or you could go the full diy build. It's actually a lot of fun if you like to solder.
SeeingGreen

Postby Mpiv on Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:25 pm

Ive been running Ocean Revive Leds for about 20 months and have been very happy with them.
I think they are currently on sale for $160 each. They are cheap have grown everything for me and have had very good customer service.
Mpiv

Return to MARS General