20%
May 24th
13%
May 31st
13%

Total votes : 15

fish community rummage sale

Postby Jeromi on Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:18 pm

I am thinking of hosting a day this spring to have a fish community rummage sale of sorts. I have many things to sell, however find it a very time consuming process to pull everything out, post it and then all of the coordination to sell individule items. I realized, I cannot be the only one with extra equipment and little time. Hobbyists who have equipment, supplies and I suppose livestock would be welcome to bring their goods to sell or trade. I would like to shoot for early spring to coincide with the spring cleaning season. Im located conveintly off of park street not too far from the beltline and have a large drive way and yard with a fair amount of parking available. Do you think that this would be helpful if so any particular weekend in April or May that would work?
Last edited by Jeromi on Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:56 am, edited 4 times in total.
Jeromi

Re: looking for feedback

Postby MM on Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:43 pm

Sounds fun, I have lots of equipment I don't use, will their beer and drunk reefers? - mark
MM

Postby Jeromi on Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:25 pm

I wouldnt mind if people brougt beer as long as there wernt any fist fights over led vrs halide debates:)
Jeromi

Postby Longinus on Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:50 pm

Jeromi wrote:I wouldnt mind if people brougt beer as long as there wernt any fist fights over led vrs halide debates:)

This sound awesome! Although I can make no promises about said debate, I do have some old equipment that I need to get rid of, and some old gear the school needs to get rid of, this would make it so much easier!
-.-- -.-- --..
Longinus

Postby psulion on Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:52 pm

I'd be in too depending on the date. With a lot of people participating , I can see a lot of " I'll trade you my unwanted piece of crap for your unwanted piece of crap"!
psulion

Postby nasanek on Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:27 am

Sounds like a lot of fun, I'd definitely be interested. Any way you could pick a couple dates and set up a poll for the best one?
Life is a comedy for those who think... and a tragedy for those who feel.
~Horace Walpole
nasanek

Postby BraenDead on Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:30 am

I agree - I'd have a number of things I could try to get rid of as well. If you need help setting up a poll, let me know.

Bob
BraenDead
Site Admin

Postby Jeromi on Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:05 am

A poll would be cool! Simply to give people some confidence to lug stuff around.
Last edited by Jeromi on Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeromi

Postby BraenDead on Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:16 am

You can create a poll in a new post - under your message, there is a tab for creating the poll. You can set the question as well as provide the options you'd like to appear in the poll, as well as some of the polling options (change vote, limit one vote per person, etc). It should be pretty straight-forward, but let me know if you need help setting it up.

Bob
BraenDead
Site Admin

Postby Jeromi on Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:26 pm

Thanks
Last edited by Jeromi on Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeromi

Postby Jeromi on Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:11 pm

Please participate in the poll above. This is a great opportunity to meet new people and load up on, or unload equipment . This is not to resemble a frag swap. People could use this as a meeting place to distribute pre arranged trades or sales on living things. Its probably needless to say that it would be a free event just an opportunity for us all to better our reefing experience and grow tighter as an aquatic community. This is intended to be a family friendly social event so people are welcome to bring food and beverages and a healthy dose of self control:) Unfortunately I am not in a position to furnish food but am open to potluck. I could supply the grill, condiments, cook;) plates forks ect.
Jeromi

Return to MARS General