Share your favorite reef chemistry article/resource

Madison Area Reef Society - Club and reef discussion

Moderator: BraenDead

Share your favorite reef chemistry article/resource

Postby Longinus on Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:40 pm

Hey folks,
I was wondering if people would be willing to share a few links to their favorite articles, guides and general information about the chemistry of reefs, the nitrogen cycle, essentially any science content associated with coral reefs. The placement of the slowly progressing reef tank (I think the slow progress actually increases interest!) in a chemistry classroom at MHS has led to a lot of kids interested in doing projects about reefs and the chemistry of them, so I would love to give the chem teachers a starting point of resources. I have a few from simple searches, but I know there are great articles I cant find again that I bet someone knows how to find some of those great articles I have lost track of. Any reading level is awesome, some of our advanced kids can handle just about anything you throw at them all the way up through the college level with some assistance, so no resource is to great or too small!
-.-- -.-- --..
Longinus

Re: Share your favorite reef chemistry article/resource

Postby Socratic Monologue on Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:21 pm

The articles on Reefkeeping mag by Randy Holmes Farley are amazing:

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/subject/chemistry.php

There are a few other authors on this list, but the articles I'm really impressed by are the ones by Randy.
Socratic Monologue

Re: Share your favorite reef chemistry article/resource

Postby Longinus on Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:48 am

Thats awesome! I always forget about that section of reefkeeping.com, I tend to forget reef-central has anything but forums.
-.-- -.-- --..
Longinus

Return to MARS General