Student seeking mentor/advise

Madison Area Reef Society - Club and reef discussion

Moderator: BraenDead

Student seeking mentor/advise

Postby scubacity17 on Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:39 pm

I am a senior undergraduate student working in an Aquaculture lab on UW Madison's campus. I have undertaken a marine soft coral tank, and would greatly appreciate a mentor. My professor doesn't know anything about maintaining a reef aquarium, so cannot act as my mentor. I am hoping to learn everything there is to know about keeping a healthy reef aquarium. I can provide compensation if someone is willing to show me the ropes! I just learned how to siphon yesterday if that's any gauge on my inexperience! Even just chatting over the phone about certain things would help me out a lot. I am hoping this tank project will turn into my senior thesis project which I think would be amazing. So, if there is anyone out there who would like to help me by showing me the ropes, it would be greatly appreciated if you would reach out to me! My name is Grace Sowaske and my email is sowaske@wisc.edu
Please help me get my aquarium legs running!
Sincerely,
Grace Sowaske
scubacity17

Re: Student seeking mentor/advise

Postby adammonte on Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:25 pm

I'm also a student at UW-Madison (in my last semester!) and would totally be willing to help as much as I can. Email me at amonte@wisc.edu if you want. I'm in the process of tearing my 55 gallon reef down and moving it into a 20 long. I do live off campus in Waunakee, but am on campus Monday thru Friday at various times.
adammonte

Re: Student seeking mentor/advise

Postby Longinus on Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:01 pm

Id be happy to run through the basics with you sometime, Im a teacher over at Middleton HS and run the tanks at work and my personal tank. I PM'd you a bit more information.
-.-- -.-- --..
Longinus

Return to MARS General