downloading pictures

Madison Area Reef Society - Club and reef discussion

Moderator: BraenDead

downloading pictures

Postby spongebob on Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:09 pm

I have pictures I want to download into an album but am unsure how to do this. I have never done this on line before - any suggestions?

thanks
spongebob

Postby Mark on Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:13 am

Well, you need to be logged in first [and you're registered as guest as I see it now].

Then go into the gallery section, and `create/order albums'. On that screen you need to create a new album and name it.

Then an `upload pictures' button should be there - hit it and fill in the data.

Often you can only upload pictures that are under a certain size. Some places have that at 50k, some at 100k ... not sure what it is here but limiting pictures below about 100k should give a fine picture yet not take up a lot of server space with a few dozen photos.

Try this ... reply back on how it goes.
Mark

Postby BraenDead on Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:24 am

Size limit is 512kb per picture and resolution limited to 2048x2048

Bob
BraenDead
Site Admin

Postby Guest on Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:46 pm

And there is a cumulative size limit too, I think it was 980k or something close to that.

Postby BraenDead on Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:11 pm

I'm curious what you mean by this, as I am not aware of any other limits??

If there are any other limits, I will certainly remove them.

Bob
BraenDead
Site Admin

Postby MattK on Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:24 am

There is a 1 meg limit per user. I just uploaded a bunch and got this error:

Disk quota exceeded

You have a space quota of 1024K, your pictures currently use 967K, adding this picture would make you exceed your quota.

Also, it looks like if you have "remember me" turned on in the gallery, you can't get into admin mode and you can't log off. I couldn't create an album until I logged in using a different PC (without remember me turned on.)

Matt
MattK

Postby BraenDead on Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:34 am

Oops, sorry about that. The new limit is 10024KB (10 megabytes) which will hopefully be enough for everyone. If not, I will increase it some more.

I'm not sure about your issues with the remember me thing. For me, it just automatically signs me in to the gallery, and to remove it I click on the Log Out button. Let me know if you continue to have problems, and if so, which web browser you are using.

Thanks

Bob
BraenDead
Site Admin

Postby MattK on Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:58 pm

BraenDead wrote:Oops, sorry about that. The new limit is 10024KB (10 megabytes) which will hopefully be enough for everyone. If not, I will increase it some more.

I'm not sure about your issues with the remember me thing. For me, it just automatically signs me in to the gallery, and to remove it I click on the Log Out button. Let me know if you continue to have problems, and if so, which web browser you are using.

Thanks

Bob

Odd.. everything works perfectly now!
FWIW: I'm using IE 6.0.280.1106.sp2 winXP w/ SP1 installed

Thanks for the extra space! I have more pics to upload.....

Matt
MattK

Postby friogatto on Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:06 pm

I can login to the forum area but not the gallery.
Tried it several times thinking I was typing it wrong, but it still doesn't work.
I thought when you looged in it just logged you into the entire server, not individual areas.
Any thoughts?
I'm using I.E. for XP Home
I can get you the version if you tell me where it is.
friogatto

Postby BraenDead on Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:24 pm

Unfortunately you need to register separately for the forum and for the gallery. It is an annoying issue, but fixing it would take quite a significant investment of time.

Bob
BraenDead
Site Admin

Return to MARS General