March Meeting, thanks Nancy and family

Madison Area Reef Society - Club and reef discussion

Moderator: BraenDead

March Meeting, thanks Nancy and family

Postby tzenda on Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:05 pm

thanks for hostin and thanks for the GSP and the bonus 3 baby brittle stars, cant wait for them to grow.
Your body is not a temple, its an amusment park. Enjoy your time there.
tzenda

Postby moujon on Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:41 pm

Thanks for hosting Nancy! It's a long drive but it really is nice to see everyone and get a chance to chat.

[jealousy]Can't wait until my tank looks like yours- those are some awesome colonies.[/jealousy] :D
Shel
moujon

Postby Mark on Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:48 am

Thanks for the meeting Nancy!

Your tanks keep looking more and more beautiful, it's great to see the 90 looking so stunning.
Mark

Postby spbreeder on Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:51 am

Thank you Nancy, the kids (hubby) loved the cake and brownies. Your house and tanks are beautiful. Hope to see you soon, denise
spbreeder

Postby mfd78 on Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:50 am

Yep - I'll join the chorus in saying "Thanks Nancy"!

My first meeting was very informative and it was nice to put some faces with the forum names. Hope to meet more of you soon.

Thanks for being a generous host!

Steve
mfd78

Postby MattK on Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:51 pm

Thanks for hosting the meeting Nancy, and for the gsp frag! Both of your tanks looked great! My hat's off to you for keeping the eel, I would never have the guts to put something like that in my tank.

mfd78, I didn't realize you were there last night or I would have said Hi. There were lots of people and lots of new faces which is always a good thing to see.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I did say hi Steve. Just didn't put the two handles together.

Matt
MattK

March Meeting

Postby omega on Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:19 pm

Thank you Nancy and family for hosting meeting, also thanks for the frags they are doing well. You have a lovely home and beautiful aquarium set up. Hopefully mine will look like that someday :-) This was my first meeting and I'm glad to have met such a friendly group. Can't wait for the next meeting. Also thanks to Mark and Matt for the frags they gave me.

Jose
omega

Postby mfd78 on Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:43 pm

What the...???

Everybody got frags and I got a bag of Chaeto? I'm having flashbacks to Christmas day as a child. :lol: That's OK since my tank is still cycling (and will probably STILL be cycling at the next 2 or 3 meetings). Maybe the next meeting I'll be ready for some!

Sorry I missed you Matt - I might've said HI and didn't realize it was you. I was the guy in the grey sweatshirt asking all the questions. I left kinda early to get back to work but I was going to chat with you about your sump conversion. We'll try and hook up at the next one!

Steve
mfd78

Postby spbreeder on Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:43 pm

Steve, Steve, Steve... when your tank is done cycling and looking good, I would be happy to share with you some of what I've been given. S L O W..... Denise
spbreeder

more thanks rolling in

Postby Studioksr on Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:13 pm

Nancy, it was great to see you again -- thanks for a wonderful meeting, and sharing your beautiful tanks. Very inspiring! I am excited to watch my yellow polyps grow to cover the rock they are rubber banded to!

Thanks Matt for the Kenya tree! its look great already.

Nice to meet so many people at last -- my first meeting, and lots of fun. How many people understand when you explain to them the excitement of watching a worm crawl out of a rock in the middle of the night, peering into the tank with a flashlight! Well, that's the least of the excitement, but its part . . .
Studioksr

Re: more thanks rolling in

Postby MattK on Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:35 pm

Studioksr wrote:watching a worm crawl out of a rock in the middle of the night, peering into the tank with a flashlight!

And here I thought I was the only one that did that!! d'oh

I'm glad you liked the frag.

Matt
MattK

Postby mfd78 on Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:40 am

I was just kidding Denise. I'm about as far from putting a frag in my tank as you can get. I was actually excited to get the Chaeto!!!

Steve
mfd78

Postby boonbee on Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:24 am

I love this club! I just don't understand why everyone doesn't belong to a fish club. I'm glad everyone could make it and look forward to visiting other people's tanks. I'm hoping we can start our fowlr sometime this spring then the eel will get a real home. This eel is really easy and quite peacefull. I'm even going to add a few snails to the tank for an experiment. It definitely eats live shrimp. . . Thanks again for coming and onto Denise's house next month. Nancy
boonbee

Return to MARS General