Well, hi everyone

Madison Area Reef Society - Club and reef discussion

Moderator: BraenDead

Well, hi everyone

Postby Carinya on Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:15 pm

Been here in Madison 3 years now and had no idea there was a reef club. Silly me. So, a quick intro...

Due to time constraints (aka 2 young kids), I don't have much of a tank right now...just a fairly new 18g nano. But I like it. I'm planning to keep mostly softies & some LPS. Cleanup crew and zoos in the tank now.

Down the road I may look to upgrade from the current 72w PC lighting to something that will really show off some vibrant zoo/ric/shroom colors. I also have an interest in keeping seahorses (species tank of course) but I think that'll be a while.

Anyway, I'm glad to have found the site & look forward to perhaps seeing you at a meeting some day.

Carinya
Carinya

Postby spbreeder on Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:10 am

Hi Carinya and welcome.

I live in Sun Prairie and have young kids as well. I am hosting the April meeting on the 2nd. You are welcome to come. Everyone here is very nice and generous.

Glad to meet you, Denise
spbreeder

Postby Carinya on Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:26 am

Thank you! I believe the in-laws will be visiting that weekend...not sure if that means it would be a GOOD time to come to a meeting or a bad one. :)

I appreciate the invite!
Carinya

Welcome Aboard

Postby Toddah on Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:40 pm

Welcome Carinya, glad you found us!
Anything we can do to help with your tank just ask and we will be glad to chime in OR if you can be of any help to us please feel free to help us out.
We are all in this together and count on each other for assistance and support.
Hope you can make a meeting so we can meet IRL.
Don't be shy just step right up and join in.
What light do you have in your 72 Watter now? 10000K ?
At 7 watts per gallon your lighting would allow you could keep almost anything in your tank.
Do you ever wonder why the only thing common in all your dysfunctional relationships with others is you?
Toddah

Postby SilverSurfer on Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:15 pm

welcome to the club, amazing how these clubs have been around, thanx to the net...
ImageReality is for people who can't handle Science-FictionImage
SilverSurfer

Postby Carinya on Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:03 am

The 72 watts is one 10K and one actinic...36 weatt power compacts. I agree that they are sufficient to keep the kind of corals I'm seeking. My "upgrade the lighting" thought is that if I were to repace with a 20K MH or else if I were to add some additional actinic supplementation to the current PCs, then the blues and purples would be movre vibrant. I have a little bit of blue stuff and they're not quite so blue as I would like or as they appeared in the "WYSIWYG - for sale" picture - you know?

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!
Carinya

Return to MARS General