Plumbing a 125

Madison Area Reef Society - Club and reef discussion

Moderator: BraenDead

Plumbing a 125

Postby causeofhim on Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:00 am

I'm setting up a 125 RR with dual overflows. It is going to be viewable on three sides (including back).

Is it ok to plumb one return from sump with a ump that will go to an eductor on the side of the tank. I was going to use my velocity t3 (similar to the Iwaki 40rlt) with a 30 deg eductor. Then have another pump from the sump through the return and into a manifold? I havent decided yet what pump to use for the manifold. I'n not sure yet if my overflows/drains can handle this.

This should give me gread movement in all areas. The side with the eductor will be great for sps and more solid corals while the other side can hold more fragile softies and lps.

I dont want to drill any more holes for the closed loop, that is why I wanted to run it from the sump. Is there any problems with having two pumps from the sump?

Or, is it possible to put the the intake for the manifold into one of my corner overflows? Maybe put the pump in the canopy.
causeofhim

Postby bobbet43 on Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:42 pm

In theory it should work as long as your overflows can handle it. You may have to scale back your pumps a little. The only problem with 2 pumps in the sump is the extra heat if you end up using submersible.
bobbet43

Return to MARS General