Sad news...

Madison Area Reef Society - Club and reef discussion

Moderator: BraenDead

Sad news...

Postby mfd78 on Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:41 pm

I'm sorry to have to announce this but George Clooney (ocellaris clownfish) passed away this evening at 6:19pm. He put up a courageous fight but apparently his illnesses were too much - he began having breathing problems this morning which got worse and worse despite heroic efforts to revive him. A short service was held at 6:20pm followed by a ceremonial flushing at 6:21pm. The hospital tank lights were dimmed in his honor. His tankmates took the news in stride and ate dinner anyway.

Special thanks to everybody who contributed to my "what's wrong with this fish" thread. We tried - he didn't seem to have the symptoms of brooklynella until he had trouble breathing so I don't know what went wrong. His tankmate clown is very healthy and eats everything. I did notice additional lumps on his tail and side when I retrieved him. His gills looked ok to the naked eye.

My other clown has been in the main tank for 10 days or so. Is it too late to add another clown?

Steve
mfd78

Postby spbreeder on Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:16 pm

I am sorry for your loss. I have heard a formalin dip will help if it is brooklynella, didn't even occur to me before. Sorry, Denise
spbreeder

Postby mfd78 on Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:28 pm

Thanks Denise! Since he wasn't presenting with most of the symtoms of brooklynella, I never thought about treating for it until the end. He actually lasted longer than I thought he would. I'm going to be VERY careful about where I get my fish from after this, that's for sure!
mfd78

Return to MARS General