Drs. F&S Frag swap update

Madison Area Reef Society - Club and reef discussion

Moderator: BraenDead

Drs. F&S Frag swap update

Postby mfd78 on Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:28 pm

Hi all - I got this via email, maybe you did too. I case you didn't, here is an update on the Drs. Foster and Smith Frag Swap in August...

Dear Steve,

I am proud to announce that Drs. Foster & Smith are gearing up to host our first annual Frag Swap and Coral Convention. We would like to invite you and your club members to participate and join us for this inaugural event which is scheduled for Saturday, August 6th and Sunday, August 7th 2005.

The goal of this Frag Swap is to bring together hobbyists and professionals in order to trade, sell, and swap coral frags, as well as learn and exchange ideas among one another. In addition to the Frag Swap itself, several popular vendors will be setting up booths to exhibit their products as well as answer questions. On Saturday evening, we will be hosting a Banquet Dinner that will incorporate three speaker sessions from some of the industry’s most respected professionals who will cover relevant topics pertaining to Aquaculture and Reef Keeping. On Sunday, we will provide tours of both our new aquaculture coral facility as well as our pet supplies call center and distribution center. There will be raffles throughout the weekend with some magnificent prizes, and lunch on Saturday afternoon will be catered courtesy of Drs. Foster & Smith for all participants of this event. We will also have some of the more popular cleanup crew items as well as supplies available for purchase at discounted prices at our Retail Outlet Store.

Pre-registration will be required for this event through our website for those who wish to set up a table to trade/sell frags and for general guests of the event. The registration page will be added to our website at the beginning of May and there will be nominal entrance fees for those that wish to participate. The entrance fee will include a gift bag containing sample products, a Drs. Foster & Smith T-Shirt, and raffle tickets for those who are attending and for those that wish to set up a table to trade/sell frags, we will also be including a display aquarium and packaging materials. Seating for the banquet and speakers will be limited to the first 200 people, and there will be an additional charge. There will also be a limited number of tables available to those who wish to set up a table to trade/sell frags at the Swap and a limited registration number for general guests. In addition, we have blocked a number of rooms at area hotels and plan on having a shuttle available to bring participants from the Frag Swap to the Banquet Dinner and back.

Our plans will be finalized and more details will be forwarded on to you and your club within the next couple weeks. A thread will be started in a forum on ReefCentral.com in the coming weeks as well in order to invite all hobbyists and enthusiasts to participate in this inaugural event. We look forward to hearing back from you, and if you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact me directly by email at denise.seubert@liveaquaria.com or by phone at (715) 369-3305 ext. 400. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Denise Seubert
Assistant Director of Live Aquaria
Drs. Foster & Smith
715-369-3305 ext. 400
http://www.LiveAquaria.com
http://www.eTropicals.com
http://www.DrsFosterSmith.com
mfd78

Postby boonbee on Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:38 pm

I'm planning to go and bring my son Barry. Please post here if you're wanting to go so we can possibly win stuff for MARS. We're skipping IMAC and doing this ahead. Nancy
boonbee

Postby BraenDead on Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:35 am

I plan on attending (and possibly Erin as well). Is this something most people will stay for both days and just get a hotel?

Bob
BraenDead
Site Admin

Postby tzenda on Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:01 pm

i plan on going, and my girlfriend and son will probably come with also. we went up to the store sometime last year and i was wondering what they were building, i guess i got my answer eh
Your body is not a temple, its an amusment park. Enjoy your time there.
tzenda

Postby wrassie86 on Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:06 pm

I will be going also.
If anybody needs a ride that is my general area.We will be leaving on friday and staying intill sat.
wrassie86

Return to MARS General