Orange Coraline Algae?

Madison Area Reef Society - Club and reef discussion

Moderator: BraenDead

Orange Coraline Algae?

Postby SilverSurfer on Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:18 pm

I just got my shipment of blue mushrooms and ricordia in, and the liverock some of it is covered in what looks like orange coraline algae, anyone have this in their tanks?

I am guessing that the tank it was in before must have had to been optium for this color to come in?
ImageReality is for people who can't handle Science-FictionImage
SilverSurfer

Postby BraenDead on Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:41 pm

I've got some orange/peach coralline algae in my tank, but only in some small spots. Personally, I wish I could keep more of it but it seems to only grow in low light areas in my tank.

Bob
BraenDead
Site Admin

Postby Mark on Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:58 pm

Yup, I've had peach - I have some dark red and some orange growing in med-low lighting for me. Some of `craziest' colors sadly are from deep water, and I've only kept some of those by keeping the sump dark and the rock hidden. What a great way to see it ;)

Yup, if it's growing/thriving where it is ... I'd leave it be. Coralline is hard to predict, and if it's growing + you like it - stability normally is your friend.
Mark

Postby Toddah on Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:38 pm

The rock that holds my orange/blue/green mouth ricordia has orange/red looking stuff that precedes the ricordia sprouting and covering another section of the rock. I think its part of the ricordia not actually coraline in my case.
Do you ever wonder why the only thing common in all your dysfunctional relationships with others is you?
Toddah

Return to MARS General