Postby Brad_608 on Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:43 pm

well I'll give ya the short version :

me and my brother got into a heated argument the other day over money
:roll:

and ofcourse we both had to try to piss the other off more
and in the end he won :cry:

he said he was moving back in with mom that day
( she lives in minnestoa )

so I went out to the garage to smoke a cig. and calm down .

once he left I went to play b-ball with some friends .

I returned home about 45 min. later and my roommate was standing by the tank saying "you need to get over here" .

foam was spilling from the skimmer like a fountain and there was a foam across the top :cry:

I instantly knew what happened :shock:

HE PUT ANTI- BAC. SOAP IN MY TANK :evil: :evil: :cry: :evil: :evil:

I instantly started removing animals to my tiny 30 gallon bow in an effort to save them .

My fish were already dead all but my clown :cry:
my new mandarin I waited so long for, DEAD and he was so fat :cry:
my little hippo tang that was a great tank mate DEAD
all my sps corals ( about 7 good sized frags ) DEAD or almost DEAD
many other corals and such things died

now I had the option of breaking his 51" HDTV he stupidly left behind for now . and believe me I was close to beating it with a baseball bat .

but I decided to be an adult .
unlike him who acted against me by poisoning my pets.

he will have to deal with that shame forever. " COWARD "

but believe me if he wasn't 200 miles away
we would of had it out :evil: :twisted: :evil:

but back to the tanks, I left the poisoned tank running and after a day or so could turn the skimmer back on with out having an eruption.

and all the crustaceans and snails seemed unaffected so I left them in there too.

will this cycle itself out ?
how long do you think it will take ?
I have no idea how much he put in there .

I am going to rebuild of course and will still be setting up my 65 gl. sps/clam tank , noone can stomp out my passion :lol:

trodging on
Brad :cry: :evil: :( :? :) :D :lol: :wink:
I'm unemployable Yeah
Brad_608

Postby klasikb on Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:16 pm

I would say don't break the tv, but don't give it back either!! Sorry to hear of your loss.
Just a girl trying to create a little bit of heaven on earth, without killing it :)
klasikb

Postby Brad_608 on Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:29 pm

the general consenses elsewhere is to sell it to replace my tank critters

but that could get legal .

is it against the law to kill someone's pet?
I'm unemployable Yeah
Brad_608

Postby mfd78 on Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:55 pm

At a minimum, I'm sure it would be considered "distruction of property" even though it is obviously more than that to you. I know that in cases where a someone has killed another persons dog for example, the owners were only entitled to recover the value of the dog...i.e. no pain and suffering was allowed for losing the pet (like it would be if a person was killed or injured). The courts are loosening up on that a bit now though. However, you'd have trouble doing anything unless someone actually witnessed him doing it if you don't have another way of proving he did it.

Barry Alverez's kid put a roomate's parrot in a microwave to kill it and people just about lynched him a few years back. He got slapped on the wrist by the courts. I'd doubt that you could play the cruelty card with fish. If that was the case, a lot of "stores" that sell fish would be in big trouble given the crappy conditions they are kept in.

If you want to be adult about it...a) tell mom, b) figure out how much all this is going to cost you and request payment from bro, c) contact an attorney for advice before carefully opening up the TV and dumping soap on one or two of the circuit boards. Maybe keep the TV in a "safe" place until dude comes up with some cash and apologizes.

Good luck!
mfd78

Postby Ereefic on Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:09 pm

I vote for punch him in the nose, really really hard. What a total Jag move on your brothers part, how old is he?

I'll be that 'safe' place that mfd78 mentioned. :D
Ereefic
Site Admin

Postby Brad_608 on Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:41 pm

he has openely admitted it to several people including my mom when she confronted him as she drooled over my tank when she stopped down.

so yes it's provable.
I'm unemployable Yeah
Brad_608

Postby Brad_608 on Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:58 pm

eric he is a 5 year old in a 21 year olds body
I'm unemployable Yeah
Brad_608

Postby spbreeder on Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:20 am

Hey Brad, sent a pm, Denise
spbreeder

Postby SilverSurfer on Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:06 am

:evil: :evil: :evil:

*note to self, do not make g/f mad*

I 2nd the punch to nose next time you see him, man doesn't he care the cost that went into that tank is not cheap by any means. I would vote for dismembering him from the family :wink:
ImageReality is for people who can't handle Science-FictionImage
SilverSurfer

Postby moujon on Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:42 am

Brad, I am so sorry to hear about you tank. I can’t believe that a sibling would do that to a family member. Not just disrespectful to you, but cruel on top of it. Trust me- that TV would be out the window or door if it had been me. “Oops- sorry- thought I’d do a little rearranging….it must have slipped.” I would at least “reduce it to your possession” until he repays you for the tank contents.

When you’re ready, I’ve got a frag with your name on it. Just let me know what types of colonies you are seeking.
Shel
moujon

Postby OceanNwisconsin on Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:18 pm

1.punch to the nose
2. sell tv to pay for inhabitants... no brainer for me!
my fish drink better then i do!

OceanNwisconsin

Postby causeofhim on Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:44 pm

mfd78 wrote:At a minimum, I'm sure it would be If you want to be adult about it...a) tell mom, b) figure out how much all this is going to cost you and request payment from bro, c) contact an attorney for advice before carefully opening up the TV and dumping soap on one or two of the circuit boards. Maybe keep the TV in a "safe" place until dude comes up with some cash and apologizes.

Good luck!

My house is a "safe place" to keep the tv. :wink:
causeofhim

Postby slug on Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:59 am

If you are the same Brad that bought my 400w mh I can give you 2 new frags of the couple I gave you and frag of the orange zoas you gave me... if you're not the same Brad you can still have the frags =)

-Chris
slug

Postby spongebob on Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:17 pm

so sorry to here. I think I would break both of his legs, but on a happier note i have a candy cane frag possibly a frogspawn frag and some zoos if you need some help getting going again. Did the anenome make it or was it a casualty?
spongebob

Return to MARS General