Madison Area Reef Society - Club and reef discussion

Moderator: BraenDead

Postby causeofhim on Tue May 03, 2005 3:41 pm

I have a Reef Devil and would point you in the direction of the ASM.
causeofhim

Turboflotor 1000

Postby Toddah on Wed May 04, 2005 8:49 pm

Sounds like you have a great plan! If you can afford it get the largest tank (front to back) you can possibly afford. 24" makes Aquascaping much easier than a 12" or 18" tank and if you are building in then do your best to get thick tanks!

If you want to do some trading of dead tonga for some live Figi PM me and we can talk over a trade.

I have a Turboflotor 1000 with the recirc mod and replaced the needle impeller with a standard impellar and it pulls about 2 cups of skimmate from my 150 Gallon system every 2 days. If I had the cash I would indeed get an ASM BUT my used $60.00 turboflotor works pretty well.
Do you ever wonder why the only thing common in all your dysfunctional relationships with others is you?
Toddah

Postby ReefZoo on Wed May 04, 2005 9:16 pm

Toddah,

I already have the tank (75g). There wouldn't have been room for a 24" (it's in the utility room downstairs, and the furnace is situated such that 18" was as deep as I could go, if I wanted to leave any room to get behind it!). Now, there is this other wall in that room.... :-) (perhaps a few years down the road??).

We can talk about some rock swapping... I currently have the tonga sitting in a friend's tank "coming back to life." It's probably been there for about a month, so should be ready to go soon!
ReefZoo

Previous

Return to MARS General