Fish Eating Anemone free to new home

Madison Area Reef Society - Club and reef discussion

Moderator: BraenDead

Fish Eating Anemone free to new home

Postby Katherine on Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:49 am

I have an anemone which was a hitch hiker and showed up about a year and a half ago in my tank. It has grown from a tiny stub, to about 3.5 inch in diameter.

After a few mysterious disappearances of various fish, I looked the anemone up on the net. I have forgotten the specific spelling of the latin name, but it is something like: Urtivous Pisceana, also called "Fish Eating Anemone." Mine is a soft pink color, with a white tube. It's not as colorful as many I found on the net, but I think it is the same type -- they seem to vary in coloration.

I would like to be rid of it (OR, if you have reliable advice on how to feed it, I could try that) However, I would prefer to give it to someone, if you are interested and know how to keep it from eating fish.

Please let me know if you are interested in adopting it, or if you have any advise. Thanks. email me at: studioksr.com
Katherine

Postby Guest on Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:53 pm

Have you thought about a nano and feeding it silverslides?

Postby Guest on Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:57 pm

It's a Urticina piscivora.

separate tank?

Postby Studioksr on Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:27 am

Thanks for the correct name -- that' it.

A nano (nano reef? mini reef?) I am not 100% certain of that term, but if I understand it correctly to be a small tank dedicated to this anemone, I don't have time (or$) to maintain 2 tanks.

Does anyone want the anemone?

I should really post this to the trading forum!
Studioksr

Return to MARS General