IMAC Discounts for Clubs

Madison Area Reef Society - Club and reef discussion

Moderator: BraenDead

IMAC Discounts for Clubs

Postby degall on Wed May 04, 2005 3:50 pm

Hi;

As a Reef Aquarium Club, you are aware of the value of bringing in big name speakers to address your group. They bring knowledge you just can’t get out of books, from LFSs, even from the Internet. And there is the “schmoozing” afterwards where you can ask them questions that pertain to your particular tanks.

So, have you thought about attending IMAC where you will have Dr. Ron Shimek, Eric Borneman, Julian Sprung, Anthony Calfo, Martin Moe, Dr. Frank Marini, Henry C. Schultz, Steven Pro, Rocky Herman, Dr. Tim Hovanec, Dr. Tom Sandercock, Michael Janes, Jay Hemdal, Barry Neigut, Dr. Martin Belli, Bob Fenner, Sandy Shoup, Greg Schiemer and Michael Del Prete all together in one place for one weekend so you can get all that information?

There is also the opportunity to get together with hobbyists from other parts of the country that you may have only communicated with on the internet and finally put faces to those screen names.

The Exhibit Hall is filling up with some of the leading manufacturers and distributors in the industry including 5 livestock dealers at last count. The big IMAC Raffle already has some great items including an IceCap 250W pendant with ballast, Seachem RO/DI units, a big protein skimmer by IAquatic and a big complete tank by All-Glass.

There will be nearly continuous fragging demos at the FragExchange booth with the frags being given away and 2 free fragging demos by Eric and Anthony with the frags again being given away.

The International Marine Aquarium Conference is an event that only comes along once a year and should not be missed. This year it will be held in Chicago at the Crowne Plaza Hotel June 24, 25 and 26th. Rooms can be had for just $93/nite and there is a free shuttle to/from the airport.

Although IMAC is a good bargain with registration at $175, for a limited time we are offering a special for members of reef clubs. If even one of your members has registered for IMAC, they can bring up to 8 other members with full conference registrations for just the price of a Banquet Ticket ($50) each.

They can also get your club name on their nametag. But hurry, I don’t know how long we can keep this offer open. We are doing this because our lecture rooms have been increased in size and we suddenly have more seats to fill.

You can find out more about this special discount on the IMAC website http://www.theimac.org in a new “Forum” we have set up on the site, under the thread “Special Discounts”.

If you have never attended a big conference like IMAC, you can get an idea of what it will be like by looking at the Streaming Videos of some previous presentations by Dr. Ron Shimek, Jeff Mitchell, Randy Reed, Eric Borneman, Julian Sprung and Richard Harker on the website. We should have Anthony Calfo up there in about a week.

Please email me if you have any questions.

Happy Reefing,
Dennis
:lol:
Dennis Gallagher, Chairman
International Marine Aquarium Conference
http://www.theimac.org
degall

Postby causeofhim on Wed May 04, 2005 4:13 pm

Has anyone bought a ticket for this yet? $50 sounds pretty good! :D
causeofhim

Postby Toddah on Wed May 04, 2005 8:31 pm

Damn same weekend as the MARS BBQ Swap meet!!
Do you ever wonder why the only thing common in all your dysfunctional relationships with others is you?
Toddah

Postby BraenDead on Wed May 04, 2005 9:11 pm

I would definately go if it were not for the timing.. On the weekends in June there is the MARS frag swap, MARS BBQ, 3 birthdays (brother, father, mine), standing up in a co-workers wedding, fathers day.. It is going to be a busy month, no time for IMAC this year, sadly.

Bob
BraenDead
Site Admin

time conflict

Postby stevenliu on Wed May 04, 2005 11:08 pm

look like the event is going to takeup the same time as our swapping event. I think we should focus on our own swapping and build up our local bond before we reach out to national events like this.
stevenliu

Postby Mark on Thu May 05, 2005 5:28 am

Wow, that really sucks.
I might be missing the swap :(
Mark

Postby BraenDead on Thu May 05, 2005 6:57 am

Same time as our BBQ, not our swap. BBQ is the 26th, Swap is the 12th.

Bob
BraenDead
Site Admin

Postby moujon on Thu May 05, 2005 7:08 am

I'm so-o-o conflicted: IMAC, 4H stuff with kids, 50th anniversary celebration for relatives.

I need a clone!
Shel
moujon

Postby Mark on Thu May 05, 2005 7:16 am

Awesome, can still be at Saturday at IMAC :)
And Sunday at Todd's :D

Coffee has kicked in, and good news too.
Mark

Postby causeofhim on Thu May 05, 2005 7:19 am

Mark wrote:Awesome, can still be at Saturday at IMAC :)
And Sunday at Todd's :D

Coffee has kicked in, and good news too.

That's what I was thinking. I can justify one day for $50.
causeofhim

Postby Mark on Thu May 05, 2005 7:27 am

I went last year with Kris, had a blast.

Definitely will miss not staying at the hotel and the late night talking/hanging with folks ... and just the `in-between' discussions which I found to be the best to just be hanging out sitting in on.

Borneman and Calfo had great stories in the bar :D
Mark

Postby causeofhim on Tue May 24, 2005 3:11 pm

So has anyone decided to go to this? I just got another e-mail saying that guests could attend for free.
causeofhim

Postby tzenda on Tue May 24, 2005 4:21 pm

i wouldnt mind attending for a day if the admision is free, if someone is going for a day maybe we could split gas a few ways or somthin??
Your body is not a temple, its an amusment park. Enjoy your time there.
tzenda

Postby Mark on Tue May 24, 2005 4:56 pm

I dunno, gotta find someone whose guest I can be :lol:

But despite not really being able to afford it, would really like to attend. There's a few folks I'd love to meet who are speaking, and I got one lovely frag there last year and would love to find another.

Now that guests are free, I guess we all just need a friend.

Mark
Mark

Postby ReefZoo on Tue May 24, 2005 5:55 pm

I'd volunteer to be somebody's friend as well! :) But seriously, has anyone purchased a full ticket? Perhaps others could "reimburse" them somewhat, if they tagged along...

Mark, do you know if they hold this event in Chicago every year?
Last edited by ReefZoo on Tue May 24, 2005 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ReefZoo

Next

Return to MARS General