(off topic) LAN Party

Madison Area Reef Society - Club and reef discussion

Moderator: BraenDead

(off topic) LAN Party

Postby tzenda on Fri May 20, 2005 2:41 pm

yea its a little off topic, but since you have to have a computer to read this anyway it not so bad :lol:

My girlfriend and I May be hosting a LAN Party at our house sometime in the next couple of months and i was just wonderin if anyone here would be interested in joinin in.

we would be playin whatever anyone wanted to play and brought with, last time it was mostly starcraft, this time im sure we will get some warcraft and doom thrown in there

it will probably be an all weekend event startin friday afternoon and ending sunday afternoon, so ya could choose whenever you wanted to come :)

So if your interested give us a post 8)
Your body is not a temple, its an amusment park. Enjoy your time there.
tzenda

Postby spbreeder on Fri May 20, 2005 2:51 pm

What is LAN?
spbreeder

Postby MattK on Fri May 20, 2005 2:54 pm

LAN = Local area network.

If you have two (or more) computers hooked up together, you have a LAN.

I've hosted a few of those as well. The most I had was around 16 at once. Talk about crazy. The hardest part is geting the games to work on everyone's pc.

Count me in Tzenda! (Times/dates will have to be cleared w/ better half.)

Matt
MattK

Postby SilverSurfer on Sat May 21, 2005 4:10 pm

Fun Fun, hey i was wondering, if you do LAN i assume we're on labtop's?

With wireless cards? Would it matter if like say i have linksys card, and the router is a SMC brand, would it still work even though not same brand? they would just have to be on the same channel wouldn't they?
ImageReality is for people who can't handle Science-FictionImage
SilverSurfer

Postby tzenda on Sat May 21, 2005 9:21 pm

the last LAN party we had 9 desktops and only one laptop and the laptop had a belkin wifi card and i have linksys and there were no problems there.
there are not supposed to be any problems between the brands, but then again well you know how computers can be :twisted:

there should be enough computer geekdome in the house for the party to resove any such issues we may have

our last party went over pretty well, only 2 guys spent the night, but most of them came back for the second day, and we only had one computer problem and that was a cpu fan crapin out on a party goer, but we dug up a spare and had him goin again in about an hour.
Your body is not a temple, its an amusment park. Enjoy your time there.
tzenda

Cool

Postby meisen on Mon May 23, 2005 6:29 pm

Hmmm, yeah off topic but cool (in a geeky kind of way). I am interested, having never been to one of these but curious, they sound like fun.

Now to find my copy of starcraft and see if I can remember how to play.....
meisen

Return to MARS General