anyone got T.B.S rock?

Madison Area Reef Society - Club and reef discussion

Moderator: BraenDead

anyone got T.B.S rock?

Postby Brad_608 on Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:00 pm

I plan on ordering some tbs rock and was wondering if anyone else has some and what they think of there order? Did it arrive ok, hows it doing now, did you get coral rocks, or decorator rock, and what came with it (hitch hikers)? 8)
I'm unemployable Yeah
Brad_608

Live Rock and Winter

Postby Toddah on Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:28 pm

Hey Brad,
one thing to think about ordering rock in the Wisconsin winter is it can get stuck in shipping and sit in a freezing warehouse and turn from live rock to dead rock fairly quickly. I had this happen to me and it took me a year to really get started again after the rock arrived in a semi frozen state. ALL LIFE was Dead and not until I bought more rock and Garf Grunge (in the summer) did I actually get the rock to reseed.
Just a thought.
Ereefic has a place just over the border in Ill where you can hand pick and transport yourself at a really good price. PM him and he could hook you up.
Do you ever wonder why the only thing common in all your dysfunctional relationships with others is you?
Toddah

Postby OceanNwisconsin on Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:50 pm

said place is http://www.reefsupply.com

ereefic didnt have such a pleasant expierence last time he went down to get some.. but if you can get there when they are there its worth it!
OceanNwisconsin

Postby spongebob on Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:49 pm

I have about 250 lbs of tbs and m happy with it. One big problem is that I have removed 4 mantis 20 gorilla crabs and 6 pistol shrimp and in the course of the freshwater dips some of the abundent life has died or receided. Even with this hassle I would buy it again. my pics are in the gallery :D
spongebob

Return to MARS General