BRIGHT!!

Madison Area Reef Society - Club and reef discussion

Moderator: BraenDead

BRIGHT!!

Postby causeofhim on Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:04 pm

OK, some lessons need to be learned on your own. I purchased a 250watt MH pendant with a 10,000k bulb for my 20 gal tall. Some of our MARS friends thought this may be "overkill" on a tank this size but I did not listen. I thought the more light the better. :lol:
Well the light arrived, I set it up and all was great. With the pendant at 12" my water temp did not go up and my tank was bright! I thought that was great!
All was well until I've been trying to work in my office (in my home where the tank is) and I feel as if I'm sitting on the beach. I need to put on shades or something. I dont know if I can handle this.
I've seen others MH setups and did not seem to be this bright. I realized that if I want a halide in my office I need a hood/canopy that will block all of the overflow light.
OH well. Live and learn. :roll:
Matt
By the way, there may be a post on here soon for a MH pendant. :lol:
causeofhim

Postby Mark on Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:32 am

Matt - I know a MARS member looking for a 250 - let me know if you do sell.

I have a 175 I may be selling if `less' was worth trying - but I think you're right about the canopy.
Mark

Postby klasikb on Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:32 pm

We know a good guy that can make you a canopy for a resonable price if you decide to go that route.
Just a girl trying to create a little bit of heaven on earth, without killing it :)
klasikb

Return to MARS General