finally have glass again:)

Threads that cover tank builds or tank progress for MARS members

Moderator: BraenDead

finally have glass again:)

Postby Jeromi on Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:48 pm

Almost a year ago my basement flooded due to a water main dumping water into my foundation. This water caused my stand to swell almost blowing the silicon seals. I took the tank down and put everything into my agramaster stock tank. I recently, aquired a 57 gallon oceanic rimless setup. The stand being the same prefab crap the previous one was made of, required a proper stand to be built. I will update with pics as I have time. My goal is to have life in it before my surgury. I used black pipe fittings tor the legs, its the only way I could think of being able to keep it off the floor and make leveling the stand a cinch... it worked out very well.

Last edited by Jeromi on Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jeromi

Re: finally have glass again:)

Postby Jeromi on Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:31 pm

Jeromi

Postby Jeromi on Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:32 pm

I make furniture in my spare time (not very often:) and like to re purpose materials. I was going for something cheap, modern and something used and or meant for other purposes, so this is what I had....Image
Last edited by Jeromi on Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jeromi

Postby Jeromi on Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:36 pm

Everything inside and out has at least 3 coats of polyacrylic on it for water resistance. The doors (3 sides) simply pull off and held in place with common rare earth magnets:)

Last edited by Jeromi on Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jeromi

Postby Jeromi on Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:56 pm

The little rock on the left column is not staying. Just a few pieces of live rock to seed the dry rock that Im using. My plan is to do sps on top of the left pillar. I plan on having a shallow 1/4 to 1/2 inch sandbed. Image
Jeromi

Postby BraenDead on Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:57 am

Great to see you have a system setup again! I look forward to watching this progress!

Bob
BraenDead
Site Admin

Postby Jeromi on Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:28 pm

So Im trying to figure out lighting for this tank, I know I want to go led and am really thinking reef radiance. They seem to have a good product, I talked to Rick a while back to get some information on the fixtures and my needs. I can say, it was one of the best experiences Ive had in customer relations. He was helpful and took the time to answer all my questions. He did also discuss some really great discounts, I was actually stunned by the numbers he gave me. I would have made the purchase right there, however there is too much on my plate cost wise these days. Anyone have any experience with these fixtures or the like? When I can afford to pull the trigger I really want to feel confident of my purchase. Thanks in advance
Jeromi

Postby plainrt on Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:00 am

Looking good. Are you gonna use that old tek fixture that came with or gonna sell? I know someone looking for one.
plainrt

Postby BraenDead on Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:24 pm

I don't have any led experience, I still feel that mh is best (though expensive)...

Bob
BraenDead
Site Admin

Postby Jeromi on Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:15 pm

Power consumption and heat make them deal breakers for me... well at this point its a mute point, as I went to really clean the tank realized the whole inside has a haze on all panes that i cant get off.. its etched so bad. So back to no glass at this time. I really was finding some peace being able to gaze at the tank while I'm laid up. Surgury is this thursday and then Ill be on bedrest for up to 3 months. My stand top is 40 x 24 so looking to go 65 gallon and drill it.
Jeromi

Return to Tank Builds and Tank Profiles