250 watt 15K from BIGGUN on RC

Buy, Sell, Trade, Extra Parts? List it here. Reef/tank-related only, please.

Moderator: BraenDead

250 watt 15K from BIGGUN on RC

Postby friogatto on Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:25 pm

Just spreading the word on a new find.
I found a guy on RC that was selling some halides. I was in need so I sprung for 3 of these.
He had them made specifically for him on some business venture that went bad and is now stuck with them. How many I do not know but enough to get the thread removed from RC. haha
Anyways, the 3 I recieved came in good shape. There is no exact kalvin rating on these but I would place it between 15 and 20K.
They are up and running on my tank now. I like the color and the brightness seems right.

I paid $36 each plus priority mail from PA.
He is BIGGUN on ReefCentral.
I had a good experience with him and contact was good.

I just thought this would be a great opportunity for those who don't believe you should pay $85 - $100 for a bulb.
If any one orders through him please let us know how it went. I'll keep everyone posted on the life of the bulb. So far 3 days and going good :-)
If you want to see for yourself, your welcome to stop by and take a look.

I think he said he has 175watt also.

Brian
friogatto

Postby tapper of spines on Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:21 pm

I'm pretty sure he has 175, 250 and 400W bulbs. My 250s arrived yesterday. As friogatto mentioned, they are definetly on the bluer side. My only experience before this with MH bulbs was with 10000K, so I don't know how they compare to 20000K bulbs, but they are certainly bluer than 10000K.

BIGGUN was a pleasure to deal with, and I'd order from him again, at least as far as his service goes. Given that these are untested bulbs we'll see how the product does. But at $41 shipped, I just had to buy two (I only have a single bulb over my 65).

HTH
TOS
tapper of spines

Return to Buy, Sell, Trade