180g complete reef available

Buy, Sell, Trade, Extra Parts? List it here. Reef/tank-related only, please.

Moderator: BraenDead

180g complete reef available

Postby moujon on Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:02 pm

Okay- This is a long post but I have a huge dilemma. Those of you who met me know that I have a friend with access to some of the best in this industry. Well, I have been offered an incredible deal on my friend's fantastic reef setup- but…Since I just got my 90 going after many months of research, there is no way that I can justify jumping into this so soon. I would need a lot more experience before I took this kind of a plunge. If I screwed up and it crashed, I would feel terrible, not to mention out a lot of cash. So here’s my solution.

I want this to go intact to a good home. And one that I could visit once in a while, since I know that eventually I’ll feel bad about not having this in my house. This is a beautiful tank. This offer was made to me personally and I know that if it wasn’t to me, the price would be substantially higher.

Here’s what is available:
• 180g All-Glass RR tank with single corner overflow, drilled for a closed loop circulation system,
• custom Modern Series stand and canopy (white texture finish),
• Aqualight Pro fixture- about 1 month old, (over $1000 new with shipping)
• a giant Berlin style filter,
• a G3 skimmer (pump needs a new impeller),
• Mag2400 pump,
• 3 IceCap fans mounted to back of tank frame,
• all the other equipment needed to run this thing.

This tank is loaded with “base rock” that is premium Fiji, just the stuff w/o any major corals attached. It alone is worth over $2000. It also has tons of corals, a giant clam, mushrooms, a giant Devils Hand, galaxia coral, GSP’s, anemones, 3 frog spawn, sponges, etc, plus a very active and thriving sand bed.

The livestock that go with it are:
• 2 large purple tangs- stunning coloring
• beautifully colored flame angel
• tasseled file
• yellow clown goby
• a very unusual wrasse
• Borneo cardinal
• group of chromis
• a giant marine Betta
• a maroon clown that stays in the long tentacle anemone
• some sort of pseudochromis
• peppermint shrimp
• monster coral banded shrimp
• x-large fire shrimp

Here’s the deal-It’s available to me only for a very limited time. If I turn it down and it gets listed to the general public it would go for a lot of money. All of this is available for $2500. The only things I would like out of this are a few smaller pieces of the base rock, some live sand, and a few future frags. Plus visitation rights! This is a beautiful setup and it would be a shame to see it broken apart.

I have photos that I will email, but only to someone who is serious about purchasing it. I would be happy to help with the transport. If you are seriously interested, please let me know ASAP. Please email me rather than sending pm's. If no one else wants it, I may just set it up and hope for the best.
Shel
moujon

Postby spbreeder on Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:19 pm

I am drooling, I have the space, but not the cash. Bummer. I hope you find a good home. Oh a wish to be rich.....

Denise
spbreeder

Postby moujon on Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:46 pm

I'm still trying to figure out which of my children I can sell.....
Shel
moujon

Postby spbreeder on Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:52 pm

:lol: :lol: Hmmmm, black market babies. Now I know there really ought to be such a thing as reefers anonymous. Can't you just see it? Hello, my name is Denise and I sold my children to buy an aquarium.......
spbreeder

Postby Brad_608 on Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:55 pm

if it ever gets parted out let me know
think he'd trade for my soul :lol:
Last edited by Brad_608 on Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm unemployable Yeah
Brad_608

Postby moujon on Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:56 pm

Actually- mine are old enough they could be sold as wives in some cultures. W. Virginia's close- but they won't pay enough. :)

Funny- that's how I feel about WRS and MARS- "Hi- my name is Shel and I have a problem with aquatic supplies..."
moujon

Postby moujon on Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:15 pm

Brad- don't know about the parting out-probably not. But what are you interested in? It never hurts to ask. It would be a shame since it is a beautiful setup, but...
Shel
moujon

everything

Postby Brad_608 on Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:44 pm

but can only afford a couple

maybe the flame , 1 purple tang , fire shrimp , pump if it gets that far
and corals of course
I'm unemployable Yeah
Brad_608

Postby moujon on Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:47 pm

I'm pretty sure the purple tangs go together- it used to be a trio and these two have been together quite a while. I think he'd be more willing to sell all the livestock and such together and then deal with the hardware.

I'm still debating which child is going...
Shel
moujon

Postby Brad_608 on Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:59 pm

yeah thought so
what about that big fire shrimp
I'm unemployable Yeah
Brad_608

Revision and change in plans

Postby moujon on Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:28 am

As you may know, a few weeks ago I was offered a friend's complete 180. After much reflection, I've decided to keep it and sell my 90 reef that I have. To those who were interested in the 180, I apologize. It was a very tough decision. Since I can't maintain both SW tanks along with my FW tanks, I'm downsizing big time.

I have available immediately, an almost new 90g All-Glass RR tank with mega-overflow & durso standpipe. The tank has been setup for about 6 weeks- but the contents were transferred from my smaller tank, so it has essentially been established for about 7 months. Included in this sale is the entire setup: tank, stand, canopy, lights, sump, pumps, skimmer, and all the other hardware I have to continue operating this.

The stand and canopy are the All-Glass Modern series cherry finish- the stand was modified to house an Oceanic 3 sump/refugium. I have a Red Sea Berlin skimmer with a Quiet One 3000 pump, and the return pump is a Dolphin dp-800.

The main lights are perfect for a FOWLR setup, All-Glass 2x55w PC. If you wanted to house anything more than mushrooms, you would want to upgrade the lighting eventually.

:arrow: Photos are in my gallery.

I will include some LR and the live sand; there are a couple of pieces of LR that I will be keeping.

Specifically excluded from this sale are any of the anemones, larger colonies of mushrooms, polyps or zoanthids, or livestock that I have acquired. There are some smaller colonies that I will include.

I am asking only what I have paid for this:

$350 Tank, stand & canopy
$100 Oceanic sump
$150 Skimmer & 2 pumps
$100 Lights and tank tops
$100 LR & LS

For $800, you can have turnkey Reef setup. As I said, this is available immediately. I am listing this here and on several other sites; if you are interested, please contact me ASAP. I will be around most of the weekend to help take this down. If you are close, I will help transport for the cost of gas. This is my baby- and I hate to see it go. :(

I also have a NEW 72g RR bowfront available, and other smaller tanks that I will be listing soon. If you are interested, please let me know.
Shel
moujon

Postby SilverSurfer on Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:05 pm

Sorry to hear about the downsize, that 90g was fine art.

but , if u have any 40B and 50B's LMK. Looking for some tanks to work with the peacocks and pleco's.

How much LR u think is in there? for $100.
ImageReality is for people who can't handle Science-FictionImage
SilverSurfer

Postby moujon on Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:08 pm

No 40 or 50B's, I will have a 45H, & probably some 20L and 20H, possibly a 55. Maybe others. Need to get the total gallons under control since the 180 will take a bit more upkeep.

I'm not getting out of the cichlids quite yet....
Shel
moujon

LR

Postby causeofhim on Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:32 pm

I may be interseted in LR also. How many pounds is there?

Matt
causeofhim

Postby SilverSurfer on Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:47 pm

cool, sure 20L be cool and 55g, just pm when ya ready. What are dimensions of a 45g tank anyway?

Hey Matt, how's the damsels doing?
ImageReality is for people who can't handle Science-FictionImage
SilverSurfer

Next

Return to Buy, Sell, Trade